Chapter 1: Choose To Be Me

It is the month of December and a carpet of glistening snow covered the streets of Lerkshire, a small country side located towards the north eastern county of Britain. Our home, stood lone in the vast valley, with different sorts of domesticated animals. Every morning is absolutely beautiful with the sights of the animals, the sounds of the birds chirping, the grass swaying along the lukewarm wind, the river flowing, everything seems perfect. A perfect life is what I have in the eyes of others.

But there's a voice inside me which hasn't reached to others. There's something which I've always wanted to pursue, they say 'a dream is a wish your heart makes' if so then I have such a wish. I've always wanted to be a novelist, well a famous one. I've written tons of novels but never published any. I've never even seen what world looks like beyond Lerkshire.

Well my grandmother, my biggest inspiration always said that 'it's never too late to focus on your dreams'. I wanna focus on what I truly want. I've made up my mind to go to London.

"Sophia! Come down for breakfast dear." Called out mom from the kitchen.
"Coming mom!" I replied as I sighed and started walking downstairs determined that I would talk to them about it today.

Honestly, I don't know how they would react. A part of me tells me that they would support but another part of me makes me want to believe otherwise.

I sat at the dining table and started cramming down the typical European breakfast with a honey tea.

"Mom..." I started
She stopped what she was doing and looked at me with a soft gaze. "Yes dear" she replied.

"Mom, I want to move to London." I said in a single breath.

She gasped at hearing me, "what do you mean Sophia?" She asked. "Mom I've always been wanting to be a novelist and I wanna explore new opportunities and ways of building my life." I replied. And she nodded at my thoughtful remark.

"Oh dear, you've grown up, and I have no right to hold you back and force you to stay here with me forever, I'm sure you'll make me and your dad proud. Go live your life." She replied. I certainly did not expect mom to say that, but she did, and I am grateful for that.

"Aww thanks mom!" I said as I got up and gave her a warm hug.

The ticket to London is booked for tomorrow and I can't wait. Deep inside I'm still scared and fragile if the dangers which might await me in the developing capital of our country. But I'm glad that I'm taking my very first step towards my dream. It all still feels surreal.

That day passed off like any other, and it's about time for me to leave.

"Mom, I'll miss you, I promise to visit you soon!" I said as tears threaten to fall. But I didn't want to let her off by seeing me in tears.

"I'll miss you too! Take good care of yourself, don't overwork and eat on time!" She said her voice being filled with concern as I chuckled.

"Yes Ma'am!" I replied and just then the train started moving and so did my heart start beating faster and faster. "Bye mom dad! take care! I'll miss you!" I said as the last bid of farewell and the train slowly movies farther away from the station.

I sat down at my seat and simply stared out the window and didn't realise when I drifted off to sleep. But thankfully I woke up two stations before London.

And soon enough, here we are, the capital capital city of United Kingdoms. It's absolutely amazing and the streets are decorated with Christmas trees, mistletoes, various sorts of lights and of course the streets are draped with a blanket of snow. Everything about this place is absolutely mesmerising.

I made my way to taxi and went to my aunts home. My aunt and her family shifted to Australia so they weren't here and they were kind enough to allow me to stay here.

By the time I reach it's already half past eight in the evening, I decided to just directly go sleep and will start with the chores tomorrow.

Well I'm proud that at the end of the day, I chose to be ME.