Chapter 1

Hello minna~

I couldn't resist updating this. I've gotten a lot of kind reviews so far. Thanks to everyone whose been messaging me. This chapter is dedicated to you guys (cause you're the reason why it is here right now)

Disclaimer: I still don't own Fairy Tail, that's Hiro Mashima's thing. Sadly.

If I owned FT, I would just do one mega episode of everything becoming canon and everyone rising from the dead like Jellal.

-MustacheNarwhalz
________________________________________________________

10 years later

Lucy swiped away the newly formed droplets of sweat from her forehead. She dug her hoe into the fresh, soft soil and yanked the dirt to the surface. She leaned down and quickly planted some seeds into the dit.

The sweet sound of the soil squishing against her boots was music to her ears. A satisfied smile came to her lips as she looked at how much work she accomplished in one day.

Her braided, blonde hair was caked in sweat from a hard day's work on the farm. Lucy looked at the setting sun that bathed her fields in a warm glow and couldn't help but laugh. The world was quite beautiful, wasn't it?

She dragged her mud-covered feet back to the farmhouse. Her feet clicked against the chipped wooden porch. Lucy lazily pushed open the door with her shoulder and let it bang against the wall. Once she spotted the couch she realized how much her body ached.

"Oh my god. I need sleep." She groaned as she collapsed onto the couch. The springs squeaked loudly beneath her weight.

Lucy let her eyes dance around the old dusty room. She was meaning to clean the damn house for a couple months now, but she never thought of any reason too. She didn't exactly have anyone she needed to impress with a clean house in her life.

There was the occasional guest or two from the small village about a few miles from her house. It was where she bought all of her supplies for farming. The town was mostly filled with sweet, old retired folks and families with really young children. During the cold season, Lucy would usually be found making money by babysitting for the families in the town.

She kicked off her boots and watched them fall to the ground with a thud. Lucy adjusted her position on the sofa and rested her hands behind her head. Her eyes landed on a set of picture frames that lay on the table beside the couch.

Her gaze softened as she stared at the pictures. She slowly pushed herself up so that her back rested against the back of the couch. Her hand reached out towards the pictures. There were some of her when she was younger, one of her parents on their wedding day, some of her old friends, and even one of the farm when it was first built.

Two pictures in particular caught her attention, as they usually did. One was of herself when she was about eight surrounded by a group of children varied in size. They were her best friends from childhood. She truly thought that they would grow up together, but the didn't work out too well.

Lucy never did learn why her friends disappeared, but she didn't think that it was anything special. They probably were just too busy to come visit her anymore. They probably forgot about.

She shook her head. She couldn't think of things like that. Even if they grew apart, her friends wouldn't just forget about her. Right?

Lucy put the picture back in its respectful place and studied the other one in her hands. It was an old photo of my family from before the accident. She was in the center of the photograph while her parents were on either side of her.

A sorrowful smile fell upon her face. She stroked the image with her thumb and thought of her parents. She hoped that they were happy in Heaven.

About a year after the disappearance of her friends, her beloved mother had been diagnosed with an incurable disease. She had passed away a few months after the diagnosis. Lucy and her father were thrown into depression, but her father would always find a way to cheer her up. Even if it meant hiding his own pain.

A few years later, when Lucy was sixteen, her father passed away from a heart attack one night. The doctors tried to save him, but there was nothing they could do. After his death, her dear cousin Michelle would come every so often to make sure she was okay.

It took awhile, but soon she was back on her feet and working. Before he died, her father taught her everything she needed to know about farming so that Lucy could one day take over the farm. She was happy to oblige and work on the farm, after all it was her destiny.

She was about to continue reminiscing about the past when she felt something nuzzle her hand. Lucy peered down at the ground and saw her pet dog. "Oh hello, Plue. Are you hungry?"

The white puppy barked happily as its tail wagged rapidly behind him. Lucy chuckled and returned the picture back to the table. She jumped to her feet and strode to the kitchen with Plue trailing behind her.

She grabbed a bag of dog food from atop the fridge. Lucy poured the contents of the bag into a small bowl labeled specifically for the little pup. She scratched behind his ear as Plue began to eat away at the food.

Suddenly there was a loud knocking at the door at the front of the house. She glanced towards the calendar that was hung on the wall. It must have been Michelle coming for her weekly visit. But she was a few days early.

She shrugged it off and head for the door. The knocking became more frantic before Lucy called out, "I'm coming, hold on." She jogged over to the wooden door and wrapped her hand around the cool door knob. She yanked it open and said, "Aren't you a little early Miche―"

Lucy was cut short when the figure on the other side of the door launched themselves at the poor unsuspecting girl. "Lucy, I've missed you so much! But I really need your help. Something is going on in the kingdom and一"

She managed to escape the stranger's grip around her waist and practically fell onto the ground in the process. She held up her hand signaling for this person to stop what they were doing. "Okay, who the hell are you?"

Lucy paused and took a good long look at the figure that stood before her. She was wearing a tattered dress一one that was much too fancy for these parts一that had mud smeared on the hems. In her hand she held a pair of high heels that looked utterly painful to walk in. Lucy then noticed that the girl as barefoot and blistered. She must have come here from the kingdom!

Lastly, she stared at the girl's face. She had incredibly short, white hair that clung to the back of her neck. It seemed way too familiar to Lucy. Finally, she looked at the girl's soft blue eyes that were swimming with pain. Despite that, she smiled at Lucy.

"I know that it's been awhile and all," She spoke softly with her hands falling in front of her, "But you couldn't have forgotten your best friend, right?"

Lucy stared longer than she should have at the girl and gasped sharply. She stuttered, "L-Lisanna?"
____________________________________________________________

*LE GASP*

And there you have it, folks. Chapter updated!

And, as usual with me, if you hate Lisanna then you'll hate this fan fiction and every single one I ever write.

-MustacheNarwhalz