5:00 p.m.

I sat on the floor in my room, reading the written rules over and over. No one had spoken in more than an hour. Tomas had dried his eyes, and Brian sat in a corner while eyeing Desire. Even though Roberto had died after accusing her of being a wolf, none of us fully trusted her. She was the outsider who we'd only met last night. None of us knew the real her, none of us really knew much about her at all other than the fact she was a twin and a stripper.

Daniel felt his way along the wall, the floors, and even the doorframes. Sweat pooled on his brow and under his arms. He had discarded his suit jacket, shirt, and tie for the white undershirt underneath. Desire sat by the pile of wood where I found my cache. She was leaned forward, inspecting one of her bare feet as she held it up in her hands. After putting her foot down she stared at us all one by one, obviously feeling the way everyone was thinking.

"It's not me," she stated, breaking the silence. I stopped walking and Daniel came back to our area.

"Shut the hell up," Brian replied.

"I'm as innocent as you. Or maybe not. For all I fucking know you could be a wolf."

Brian walked towards her, but was stopped by Tomas. He jogged to them, placing a hand over Desire's mouth and placing his other hand on Brian's chest. I couldn't believe it - he was defending her. He looked at Desire. "Listen, who knows what they count as an accusation. You want to die too? I bet your sister would want you to live." He slowly pulled his hand away and looked at Brian. "And you. Don't forget about your family. The last thing I want to see is your kid crying for a dead father."

Suddenly, an idea came to my mind.

I cleared my throat and they faced me. "So what if someone admits it? Then what? Is the game over?" While Daniel continued his search, my thought caught everyone else's attention.

"You have something to say?" Desire accused. "I swear, if you killed my sister-"

"No, no listen to me." I put my hands up. "Whoever it is, just talk to us. There was no rule saying they couldn't admit it. Come out and just say it and we can talk about it and maybe go home."

"The game doesn't end until only one side remains. That's what the rules said," Tomas replied.

"Can't the wolves just give up? What if they refuse to participate any longer?"

"My brother died, cabron," he said with hate, "I'm killing the damn wolves if they reveal themselves. You can bet your ass on that."

"Me, too. I won't be satisfied with them just giving up. My sister needs revenge."

"No one else has to die. We can end this right now, and everyone will be free!" I tried to tell them, hoping I could change their minds. "We just need to try!"

"Oh, just shut the fuck up with that shit, Ricardo!" Brian screamed out. This time, Daniel stopped searching the room and listened. We gave each other a quick look, and I knew we were both feeling the same way. Never have we heard Brian like this, and something about it was unnerving. The nicest people were always the scariest once pushed to the limit. "Don't you see? Everything is real; all the rules have to be followed! Two people died, and you still believe that we can all get out of here?!"

For the second time, my mouth opened to speak but no words came out. I thought about it some and realized I couldn't answer such an obvious question.

Desire shut her eyes while Tomas leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling. Brian remained silent afterwards. Before Daniel returned to searching, I saw the edge of his lips twitch to a smirk.

My heart sank. There goes that smile again.

The game would continue.