Johnny - The Best Gift Ever

Word Count: 930

You were in the kitchen of your brand new house you just bought with Johnny, of course with the help of your parents too. You had been together for one year during high school, and once you both moved out of your houses for college, you invited Johnny to stay over at the small apartment you rented near the school. You would have gotten a dorm, but Johnny did not have enough money to pay for college, so you got an apartment to share with him. That was one of the best decisions you had ever made in your life. Living together allowed you both to get way closer, to where you are now still going six years strong in a small house that seems like it was made for the two of you.

You had graduated college and had been at home for a while. Johnny also got a job as a cook at a well-paying restaurant, so we were getting some steady income. I had an interview in a few days for a job too, so the near future was looking well for us. That was why you wanted to do something small as a 'thanks' for him helping out.

You were making eggs, bacon, and biscuits in the kitchen while taking short breaks once in a while to sip on your cup of coffee. Johnny was still sleeping, and you managed to slip out of his grip while keeping him asleep. It was Christmas morning and you wanted to surprise him with a home-cooked meal, because you guys usually didn't have time to make actual food, and would often just eat at a restaurant or get to-go. 

You put all of the food onto a plate and brought a glass of orange juice and put it beside the plate. You fixed your own plate and drink too, and set the meals on a pan, using it as a tray. You slowly walked over to your guy's room, careful not to spill the food. You finally got to the door and lightly knocked on it, making sure that if Johnny was up, and wasn't interrupting anything he was doing. 

"Come in," you heard in a groggily, tired voice. You slowly opened the door to see a shirtless Johnny sitting on the bed. Though he slept like that every night, it still brought a blush to your cheeks. 

"I made some breakfast," I said, walking towards the bed, setting the pan down on the bedside table. "Thank you, love. Merry Christmas," Johnny replied, leaning in to peck your lips. "Well, let's eat before the food gets cold," you said while grabbing the breakfast and bringing it over to the bed.

You both ate your breakfast, occasionally feeding each other your food and laughing when some of it spilled. After you at your breakfast, you both took a shower together, enjoying the time you had off for the holidays. Once you both finished, you dried of and got into clean clothes, still pajamas though because you would be staying home all day.

"Okay babe, let's go open the gifts now!" you exclaimed happily, taking Johnny along with you to the medium-sized tree you had in your living room. "Here, open mine first, angel," Johnny said, passing a rectangular box to you. When you opened it, you saw some new jeans and the shirt you saw in the store a couple days ago that you wouldn't stop talking about. "Thank you so much Johnny," I said, leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. I leaned over to get my gift from under the tree.

"Here babe, open your's," you told him, handing him the gift. He opened it and smiled brightly when he saw a brand new jean jacket laying in some tissue paper. "Thank you, love," he said, looking up at you and smiling even more than before. "It's really no problem, babe," you replied, happy that he was happy.

You both exchanged gifts for a while until the were none left under the tree. "Here, love, I have one more gift left for you," Johnny said, pulling me over to the couch. You were slightly confused, since there we no gifts under the tree anymore and he didn't seem to have a gift with him.

"So, love, we've been together for a long time, and I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I was just waiting for the moment to do so," Johnny started, scaring you. This was it. He was breaking up with you.

Instead, Johnny got up and went to the front of the couch, and then surprised you by going down on one knee. Wait, he was breaking up with you. He was proposing! 

"Y/N, we've been together for more than six years, and those six years have been the best time of my life. I had never found a right time to ask this, but now that I have, I want to ask you, Y/N L/N, will you stay with me forever and marry me?"

You nodded your head vigorously. "Yes, yes, oh my god, yes," you whispered, putting your shaking hand out for Johnny to put the ring on. Once he put it on, he pulled you into a passionate kiss, and hugged you as tight as possible. Oh my god, you were finally going to marry the love of your life.

After everything had settled down, you were back on the couch cuddling with Johnny. "That was the best gift ever," you murmured, quickly falling asleep, embraced in Johnny's arms.