Chapter 2

Once we came to the house of Alonso Avellaneda, he rode in front of the cars with his horse. I stepped out and he immediately saw me.

'(Y/n), is that you'?

'Afraid it is, darling'. I walked up to him and he helped me on the back of the horse.

'Is this about the Tornado nonsense'?

'Well, you did work from him, darling'. He sighed.

'Please head inside, I will be with you shortly'.

When we came into the living room, I noticed that Clouseau wasn't anywhere so I decided to ask.

'Umm Ran, do you know where Clouseau is'. He looked at me, he opened and closed his mouth. 'Well'?

'N-no idea'.

'Do you mind if I check your computer system'.

'Please, go ahead. I have nothing to hide'.

'Sometimes things are hidden in plain sight'. The portrait opened.

'My security system'.

'Is that-' I whispered. Most of us looked. Alonso was about to look but Ponton and Nicole stood in front.

'Signore, signore'. Vincenzo spoke, dissecting his attention to him. 'Answer this question, in the past, you admitted dealings with Il Tornado'.

'Yes but that was 10 years ago besides, I never saw his face'. He looked back again and I grabbed the closest thing to me, Randall's hand.

'Then how did you conduct these transductions if you never saw his face'.

'He was in disguise, he always wore a mask'.

'Did you call him Zorro or the Power Ranger'? I stifled a laughed. 'Come come, signore Avellaneda, you expect us to believe that two grown men do millions of dollars of business with each other and you never saw his face'?

'Perhaps I saw him once'.

'Avellaneda please, just tell us. Don't lie'.

'You know I love you like a sister (y/n) but I'm simply telling you'. Vincenzo shoved a mirror in his face.

'Does he look like this? Or this? How about this'?

'No, I told you. I'm not the Tornado'.

'How did you pay him'?

'Deposits into Swiss bank accounts, numbered, untraceable. I understand, look I know my answers are less than satisfactory, I realise that. Does it mean I must spend my life living under the cloud of suspicion'. I got I call so I excused myself.

'What's up, uncle John'?

'So, what's the progress'?

'Very little. I'm in Rome now. I haven't gotten to prove myself yet'.

'Why don't you just blurt it out'?

'Come on, that's kind of disrespectful. You know how dad does it and I feel the tension in the room'.

'So, the members of the dream team'.

'Yes, one is an idiot. One Italian, one British, one from India and one from Japan'. Clouseau was walking out with the rest of the team, he was a mess. 'I have to call you back, uncle John'.

'Okay, talk to you soon'. I hang up.

'What happened'?

'Clouseau fell down the chimney'. I scoffed.