11

It was the day of the Gender reveal people were already starting to arrive they were having it the backyard. Elena was looking in the mirror at the white dress she had chosen to wear.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in."

Kol walked in closing the door behind him. He knew how excited she was about today and how much she wanted to tell everyone. And he was excited to find out if he was going to have a girl or a boy.  "You ready?"

She smiled and nodded she already knew she was just looking forward to seeing what everyone's reaction was going to be to the news. "Are you ready? I already know what we're having?"

"Come on." He put his hand out for her and then they both headed outside to where everyone was. As soon as they walked out everyone started clapping.

Isobel walked over to them. "You two ready 3 more months and your parents." She knew that her daughter was excited for this, and she had no doubt that both of them were going to make great parents.

"I can't wait." She couldn't wait till her baby was here she was going to protect it with her life.

"Neither can I." He was excited to be a father and he was going to be better than his parents were.

"Good." She was glad to see them so excited she had no worries she knew that they were ready for it.

"Mom did you hand out all the bags." She wanted to make sure that everything was going to go according to plan she did not want anything to go wrong with any of her announcements that she had planned for the day.

"Yes and no one has opened them as per your request." She knew that her daughter wanted whatever she was planning to go perfectly and that if it didn't she was going to have an attitude that no one was going to like.

"Good." She was happy to hear that everything was going right.

--

After an hour into the gender reveal Elena had noticed that Hayley was avoiding her. "Babe I'll be right back somethings up with Hayley." She wanted to know what was going on with Hayley and why she was avoiding her.

"Ok." He knew that she was right Hayley was certainly avoiding the two of them.

She walked over to her cousin pulling her to the side. She knew that whatever it is it had to be important for Hayley to act this way. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Hayley would not be one of those people she would not ruin her cousin's special day because of the news that she had to share.

"You've been avoiding us all night Hales." She really just wanted to know what was going on she didn't want to make her cousin think that she couldn't tell her something.

"I just don't want to ruin y'all day can i tell you tomorrow." She was happy that she was having a baby and she was happy about everything that was going on, but she knew that she couldn't tell them this now. She should have told them when they had first started dating.

"Tell me what?" Elena wanted to know what it was, but she could see that Hayley was not about to tell her at the moment.

"I can't ruin your day i will not be one of those people." That was all she was going to say until this was over.

"Can you tell me before i go to sleep." She didn't want to wait until tomorrow especially since she was pretty sure she knew what Hayley had to tell her.

"Fine." Hayley could tell her at the end of the day that was good with her.

Elena walked back over to Kol who was talking with his parents when Hope and Lyla ran over to her. Ignoring Mikael and Esther they had something that they really wanted to give to the couple as a gift.