Give you a child

The baby could be born at any second now and they both got more nervous with every day. She was already 4 days over the calculated birth date. Joe had forbidden her almost everything but at this time she didn't protest against it anymore because her bump got so huge that it was almost impossible for her to do anything. Her back hurts and her fingers were swollen so they were like the double size of what they are usual. She felt so unattractive in the last weeks even though Joe tried to tell her that she looked beautiful as always but she just felt so ugly. It was also very hard for her to sleep in a comfortable way because of her bump. She just slept for a few hours a day and was tired almost the entire time.

Joe woke up in the morning because the sun was shining through the curtain in his eye. He rolled over  to the side and rubbed his sleepy eyes. He raised his head and checked on Taylor. She was still asleep and finally looked peaceful with her little smile on her lips. She had slept so little in the past days and he was happy that she was finally asleep. He didn't want to wake her up and just let her sleep as long as possible. Joe leaned over her body and gently stroked her hair. She looked so beautiful, he just couldn't understand why she thought that she was ugly. He kissed her cheek and whispered to her ear

"I love you so much." After that he moved out of the bed and left her sleeping in the room.

He came across the baby room and looked inside. Everything was ready for their little boy to arrive. Joe had painted a lion on the grey wall. There were several cupboards in the room. The bed was filled with blankets and cuddly toys. Taylor had already bought so many cute clothes. He remembered how Taylor teared up when she saw this tiny clothes. He could already imagine his son wearing this.

Joe sat down in the kitchen and sipped a coffee. He flipped through a newspaper before looking outside of the window. The sun was shining inside the living room. It was almost spring and the flowers began to bloom. He opened the window for a few minutes to let in some fresh and warm air. He then went to the bathroom and dressed himself up with new clothes.

Suddenly he heard Taylor screaming from the bedroom.

"Joe!" He looked up.

"What?" He asked.

"Come here, now! My water just broke!" She shouted. His heart went crazy inside his chest and he ran to the room as soon as possible. He opened the door and saw Taylor standing in front of the bed. Water was running down her thighs and her face was full of pain.

"What happened?" He was totally in shook.

"I tried to stand up and then it just started to hurt so much." She said. Joe looked down and saw the water and then looked up at her face again. He didn't really know what to do but he walked up to her and took her hand.

"We need to go to the hospital." She said and looked up at his face. He nodded at her and helped her change his clothes. They had already packed a bag with all the things for the hospital. Joe didn't stop holding her hand the entire time.

"We are going to have a baby." He said while they walked through the door.

"We are going to have a baby." She repeated.

They went to the car and when Joe helped Taylor getting inside the car, he spotted a familiar car on the parking lot. After some time he realized that it was Lous car but she wasn't there. She must be near their house. What did she want? Maybe she was trying to get more information and continued with her stalking. He looked around but he couldn't spot her.

"Joe, hurry up." Taylor brought him out of his thoughts. He shook his head.

"Sorry." He didn't want to think about Lou now. He is going to be a dad and needed to help his girlfriend now.