Periods 1 and 2

Erins POV

It was the first day back after Christmas. Erin was waiting for her friends at there usual meeting spot, a tree around the corner from the school. First to arrive was Hailey and Jay. They approached the tree holding hands as usual talking about things they got each other for Christmas. They waved at Erin and she joined in the conversation. Not long after came Adam, Kevin then finally Vanessa.

They all walked in a group as the time came closer to the start of school. Erin waved goodbye to her friends as she headed to her form class. "Alright class listen up" Mr Dawson spoke. "We have a new student joining us today I hope you will all make her feel welcome". A short brunet girl walked into the class standing awkwardly next to the teacher. "Why don't you say a few things about yourself?".

She took a deep breath before finally speaking up. "Well... Uh... My name is Kimberly Burgess" A few giggles interrupted her. She paused flushing red before she continued. "But you can call me Kim. I just moved here from St Charles and I ride my bike a lot". She found her way to her seat shifting in her place as everyone stared and whispered at her.

Soon form was over and we all headed out of the classroom to make are way to first period. I watched smirking as Kim looked at her timetable unsure of where to go. I made my way over to her. "Need some help there?" I asked.

"Yea.." "I kind of have no idea where I'm going." She said with a chuckle.

"What's your first class?"

"History in class 217"

"Good news for you brown eyes I have the same class follow me"

I started walking off Kim doing a quick jog to catch up to me. It wasn't a long walk to history so soon enough we arrived. I took my usual spot next to Kevin and the teacher showed Kim where to sit. Luckily for her it was next to Hailey. She smiled and introduced herself. History was boring we were doing some revision for a test in a few weeks that we needed to study for.

After class we had English. Kim asked for directions again she wasn't in my class for English but she was right next door in a class with Adam and Kevin. I invited her to come sit with me at lunch to which she happily accepted before heading into her classroom. I smiled walking into my English class taking my seat next to Vanessa happy I had a new friend to add to the group.

KIMS POV

I sat in English. I didn't know anyone at this school which made me worried I wouldn't make any friends. I moved her after my parents divorced. My sister decided to stay with are mom back in St Charles but I went with my dad I was starting to wonder if I made the wrong choice. My thoughts were interrupted as the teacher started the lesson. I payed attention not wanting to get a bad impression on my first day. After English I manged to find my way to the cafeteria. I joined the cue for food. The hot food options didn't look to appealing so I went for a wrap, cookie and water. I nervously looked around for Erin. But I couldn't see her just then I heard someone calling my name.