~Chapter One~

~Adrienne~

"I swear to God, if you don't jump, I'm going to come up there and push you," I said to my best friend Emma. I pushed my black hipster glasses up and pulled myself up onto the monkey bars with her.

"I can't do it Ade" Emma was clinging to the bars for her life.

"It's not even the top one!" I sighed. I always knew Emma was scared of heights, but not this bad.

"Whatever," she muttered and climbed down. "I'll try again tomorrow."

"You said that yesterday," I smiled.

"Shut up and drive me to Starbucks," she said, jumping into my Dad's old black Mustang. We were on our lunch break from Senworth High, which is where we go to to school.

When we got to Starbucks, I got a Toffee Nut Frappe with sea salt, which tastes just like caramel popcorn. Emma got a double chocolate frappe, and we got a sun-dried tomato panini each. We took our coffee from the barista, and found that my name was now Adeline. Fun.

Emma and I sat down and started gossiping about random stuff, when a girl came up to us.

"You guys. Gemma and Adeline right?" she asked. Her hair was red, and she had her lips stained red.

"Adrienne and Emma," Emma corrected her.

"Okay. Whatever. Anyway, I'm Denise," she said.

"We know. You used to be Maria's best friend." I responded. Maria was the queen bee at our school. A total diva of you ask me.

"Okay, so you know Maria, good. This is what it's about. I want her to see the error of her ways, and I want you girls to do it. I can see from your wardrobe you need money for the dance. Plus, I'll get you any boy you want, but if you accept, and fail, there will be consequences. Anyway, tell me your answer tomorrow. Bye-bye now!" She strutted off.

"Dafuq?" I asked.

"I dunno, but, she's right. We need the money," Emma pointed out.

I knew Emma was right, both our Dad's got layed-off from their job at Kleenex last month.

"Aunt Jenny can help though!" I whined. Aunt Jenny was our Aunt, both our Mom's sister.

"We can't rely on her for everything, Ade," Emma sighed.

"I know," I sighed.

"Crap!" I swore.

"What?" Emma asked, alarmed.

"We're going to be late!"

"Crap," Emma mimicked.

I grabbed my book bag, (which is more of a laptop bag) and ran to the Mustang, Emma at my heels.

"Who do we have?" I asked.

"Mr. Flinders." She said.

Crap. Maria's Dad. He doesn't like us very much because we're smarter than his daughter, and beat her on the honour roll. He always finds a way to get us in trouble, I can't imagine what he'll do if we're late.

Well, this should be interesting.

Hope ya'll enjoyed! This was my chapter, next up; Beth's chapter!

Xoxo,
~Liz~