Gum, Cigarettes and Razors

Liar. All he ever did was lie.
He lured me in, farther than I'd like to admit. Manipulation, he made me feel alright while stripping me of all life all at the same time. He drove me to the point of insanity. Bert McCracken nursed me back to health only to take it all away.

06.24.00

It was my birthday, nobody cared, as per usual.
I sighed, hoping this would be my last. I remembered being six or seven and being so excited for my 'sweet sixteen', I laughed aloud at the irony. The day was nearly over, nobody called, and my mom is passed out in the bathroom. Its pathetic, honestly.
I felt the sudden urge to go for a walk which was odd considering the fact that i never go outside nor do I have friends to hang out with. I got out of my bed for the first time in almost two days, I really didn't have the energy to get dressed, another reason why my want to go for a walk was strange; I don't have energy. I slid my dull hoodie over my head, not changing my jeans that I've had on for 2 weeks. I grabbed the first shoes i laid my eyes on, black new balances.

Before walking out of the front door I grabbed a water bottle since I was starving.

I wondered around slightly staggering, until I accidentally found a corner store. The corner store didn't catch my attention, it was the man in-front of it. The man looked about 5'8 and was lighting a cigarette, I walked over to him with a slight stagger, feeling lightheaded.

"Do you have an extra cigarette?" I asked, nervous as ever. "Yes"

As I took a seat on the bench behind us to avoid passing out, "It's summer, why are you wearing a hoodie?" The man asked with a chuckle as he gave me a cigarette paired with a lighter.

Avoiding his question I asked the time and he said 11:03. "Whats your name?"
"Jayara, you?" I asked as my stomach growled and growled.
He replied, "Robert" he paused "You know I can buy you your own pack of cigarettes, and whatever else you'd like."

"Really?" I asked unsure, he gave me my confirmation with the shake of a head. "That would be amazing"

We walked inside of the convenience store hand in hand, then split so we could get the shit we wanted. I didn't want much, a pack of gum, razors, and I'll get the cigarettes at the counter. I stood awkwardly at the front of the store waiting for Robert. Just barely 5 minutes later I saw him walk up to me, I saw his face in the light, and my god he was beautiful. "What'd you get, J?" "J?" I questioned him. "Your name is too difficult " he shrugged. "Well, Bert, I only got two things."  He smiled.
When he saw the two things in my hands his smile faded, seconds later it was our turn in line, I put my stuff on the counter and he did correspondingly. "Two packs of Newport shorts?" he asked the employee. I expected him to give me one and keep the other but he gave them both to me.

As we walked out of the store he asked "Wanna go for a ride?" I nodded, fiddling with the pack of gum trying to get it open.

We approached a beat up Honda Accord. He opened the passenger door for me, then closed it after i got in. Then he sat in the drivers seat, "I want to get to know you A, tell me about yourself"

"Uh I'm sixteen, I really like louder music, you know? with a ton of screaming and shit. I don't really know what else to say, oh and my middle name is James." I tried my best to describe myself without using words like; fat, worthless, ugly, or retarded.

"Well, Im Eighteen, I make louder music with a ton of screaming and shit, I would like to know your favourite colour, oh and my middle name is Edward."

I put two sticks of gum in my mouth that probably smelled of vomit, "red, do you really create music?"

"Yes, well, I'm in a band, it's kind of shit" Bert said with a chuckle at the end. He's so cute.

"I doubt it, what do you do?" I asked. "I sing" Bert replied.

My stomach started growling, without stopping, I'm sure it scared Bert. "Hey, JJ, I'm worried about you, I've only known you for no longer than an hour or two and I can see you have issues, I do too." As Bert said that I felt my heart drop. I had to come up with an excuse, fast.

"Oh, I'm fine, my mom isn't well and I-" My voice cracked, I broke down. The tears that were flowing down my cheeks only got heavier when I thought about the fact that I'm crying in the car of a man I met an hour ago.

"Oh, JJ" Bert mumbled as he took me into his arms, I hid my face in embarrassed "JJ, it's alright, I'm here for you, do you want to go anywhere I can take you anywhere you want" I blushed feeling glad I was hiding my face.

"I don't" I paused "know"

"I can take you to your house, want to go home?" "no" I paused again "yours?"

He nodded yes whilst turning on and up the radio.

My heart was beating, fast. I wanted Bert, bad. What if I say something wrong and he kicks me out? I sure hope not.

We were there in no time.

kinda short and it was alright prob gonna be fast paced im lazy and anorexic so i dont have much ebergy anywho im love bert