Michael Johnson

The technical assistant nods and turns to face Michael. "You're on air in three, two, one..."

Michael looks at the camera with confidence and is proud to be at the center of attention again. "Thank you and welcome back to 'MM news,' after almost four days with nothing to report on the Russian situation, we received some video footage of what I was told was an attack during a protest. I'll stop talking about it and let you see it for yourself."

Michael turns to Michelle and nods. Michelle smiles warmly and turns to face the camera as the attention is now on her. "I would just like to warn our viewers, if you have any children or don't want to see gore or violence, please turn your children away from the screen and please force yourselves to watch this," Michael looks confused and worried as Michelle goes off script. Michelle only glances at him as she continues her announcement. "It's better that you all know the danger than to believe that everything will be fine. We will play the video now."

The video feed ends and Michael scoots his chair next to his co-host. "What the hell are you doing Michelle?!" He hisses.

She shoots him a determined glare, "These people have a right to know what they're dealing with, don't you think that after watching that video we should tell people the truth?"

"No! This obviously has to be some kind of prank, what we saw is-" Michelle shakes her head left and right aggressively. "-real! You're delusional Michael! I will not lie to myself." Michelle says standing up and slamming her fist on the table.

Michael rises to tower over her. He moves closer to her causing her to step back as he speaks. "This is not what our dream was! Our dream was to take over the newsworld and be the only real channel to share real information! Listen! We just need to keep getting the most views and we will achieve it!"

Michelle glances around the room, looking at the technical staff, everyone is staring at the both of them. "I didn't think we were going to lie to people for years!"

Michael stops and looks down at her, shaking his head in denial, trying to find some way to convince her that all they did was fine. "This news station is M, and M for a reason, I can't do this by myself... This is what you signed up for."

Michelle breathes heavily, recoiling backwards and staring down at the floor towards Michael. She thinks about all of the corruption she's had to deal with, all the lies she's paid people to say, the ridiculous fabricated calls that her staff made for views, she despised how successful it made her. She hated herself for even allowing it to happen. With all this in mind, she looks up at Michael one last time and yells, "Then I Quit!"

Michael is visibly shocked to his core by this. He's frozen when the words come out of his mouth. The staff only looks at her as she pants, gasping for air because of all the stress she's been feeling has just been let out.

Michelle looked to the side. She grabbed her purse from a nearby table off screen and shortly left the streaming studio.

Suddenly one of the younger crew members gets a call from a newcasting team on the ground. He patches it through. The screen behind the desk blares with activity as one of their female reporters is describing the scene of the city near the station.

Michael sits down looking at the camera that is now streaming his actions. "Linda, what's going on, can you tell us what's happening?"

Linda was looking off to the side of the camera with her mouth slightly agape. "Th- T- The- There are- oh my god, Jack, point the feed over there!" Linda pointed to Jack's left.

The video feed showed a blur of activity until it settled calmly portraying a street of mayhem, National guard were shooting what looked like civilians and other soldiers. The camera tore away from the apocalyptic sight and onto Linda who was visibly shaking in fear. "It- se- seems- t–th- that- there is chaos ensuing on the streets."