Chapter 5: A Visit from the Future

Disclaimer: Italics are Suhan's inner thoughts. Bold Italics are older Suhan's thoughts and comments. This chapter will include some other future heroes and they will all be bold and Italics but the format will change slightly.

I hate field trips... What is the actual point? Sure it's nice to get out of the classroom for the day and stretch our legs exploring U.S.J but sometimes I think the world forgets we are a group of extremely powerful kids who go to school with pro heroes as our teachers. I'm surprised the U.A. didn't expect a gigantic Nomu thing was going to attack us.

Now obviously if you are here you know exactly what I'm talking about so let's skip the whole bus ride thing because let me tell you. Little me didn't pay attention at all. She was too busy listening to her music and studying everybody around her. Writing and drawing in her secret little notebook and trying to remain as secretive as possible. But in any case, Little me ended up in the landslide zone with Todoroki.

"So you got a plan or is that plan to just freeze everyone around us?"

"I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with that plan, just don't get in my way." I laughed at his serious expression.

"Well here's another." I press my hands into the earth around me. My fingers willed it to grow vines. The vines spread towards the villains all around us entrapping them. "Here," I say pulling my hands away and at the same time detaching the vines. "Freeze these. It'll trap them. For those who break out." I say engulfing my hands in flames. "We can handle them one by one." He does what I tell him. He's a pretty smart strategist. I think while watching him fight by my side. He's smart and he's fast. Light on his feet, amazing capabilities. But the way he hinders himself by not using his left side is going to bite him in the ass someday.

"Todoroki behind you!" He turned around. "Duck!" I said throwing a ball of fire at the villain. He walked back over towards me.

"Now that our area is taken care of we need to head back toward the front of U.S.J." He said straightening out his stance a little. "We can obviously assume all the rest were also separated but I would assume they'd also head back to the front."

"If they survived," I say adjusting the black hair tie on my wrist. He stopped to stare at my wrist.

"How did that not burn off?"

"It's fireproof," I say. "It has to be if it wants to hold my hair back." Taking my hair out of the tight high ponytail it was in.

"Shouldn't you leave your hair up? We will probably run into villains on the way."

"Using my earthside gives me a headache. The tight ass ponytail I have doesn't help." I say staring ahead. I can feel his bicolored eyes boring into the side of my head. "What candy cane?"

"It's just that you seem a lot more confident in a crisis situation." I felt my cheeks heat up.

"How do you figure?"

"When the time to vote for a class representative came, you were practically shivering in fear. Basically begging people to not notice you, but now that those same people are in danger. You kept a very level head. Even coming up with a strong strategy to get us both out of the situation." I stopped walking for a minute.

"My entire life I have spent everyday training. Quirk training, running, singing, dancing, and education. The only thing I never trained on was social interaction. The one thing I never perfected. And now I have to learn that too." I took a deep breath in to steady myself and blew on my hand and engulfed it with water. "But fighting villains, making strategies, that's what I'm good at. And I just want to do something I'm good at. Now come on, we have to get going."

Watching All Might beat the Nomu was terrifying. The Nomu and the League of Villains' appearance just proves our world got 10x more dangerous. And now that I know the symbol of peace doesn't have much longer... that's terrifying.

"Hey! Suhan? Are you ok?" asked Izuku. He grabbed my face in his hands and started to examine my entire face and neck. I blushed.

"I'm ok Izuku." He suddenly noticed how close he was to me and backed up quickly.

"AHHH! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get so close to you! Please forgive me!" He said bowing.

"That's ok... no one has ever cared about me enough to check me for wounds." Izuku looked stunned.

"Not even your parents?" He asked with disappointment in his eyes. I didn't answer. I didn't have to. We were interrupted.

Suhan: God, young me was so in love with Izuku--

Izuku: W-what? You never told me that!

Suhan: Ahhh! Izu you can't interrupt while I'm telling the story. And besides, she doesn't know it yet.

Bakugo: I don't think I'm in this enough. I mean for fucks sake I'm the dual protagonist.

Suhan: Bakugo you have a much bigger role much later on now let me--.

Kiri: Ooh isn't the project part coming up. That is my favorite part.

Suhan: Kiri! Shush!

Izuku: The project? What's so special about that part?

Suhan: Guys you're ruining my story.

Kirishima: Don't you remember we got assigned that English project and found out all that stuff about Suhan's family and home life because we were at her--

Suhan: Ok THAT IS ENOUGH SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!  You're going to spoil the next few chapters. Now I want this story to continue with no distractions and no more interruptions!

Todoroki: But you interrupt all the time.

Suhan: I'm the narrator.

Todoroki: I mean not really. Younger you is the narrator. You just interrupt to add comments and barbs. Which technically makes you hypocritical.

Suhan: THAT IS FUCKING IT! (Suhan pushes back from her desk.) YOU'RE ALL DEAD.

Bakugo: YOU CAN'T KILL ME, MIDGET!

Suhan: YOU'RE FUCKING FIRST GRUMPAPUS!

Bakugo: WAIT WHY ME DEKU WAS THE ONE WHO INTERRUPTED FIRST!

Izuku: Hey! Way to throw me under the bus Kacchan. And besides, Todoroki is the one who called you a hypocrite.

Todoroki: Oh I see how it is Midoriya. It's Kiri who wants to interject oh so bad.

Kirishima: That's not fair! We all want to comment more!

Suhan: Alright ok... if I let you guys comment in more chapters will you shut up?

Kirishima: Yep!

Izuku: Absolutely.

Todoroki: I can agree to that.

Bakugo: No one tells me what to do!

Suhan: Really?

Bakugo: Fine...