Back story

~6 years old~

She watched as her mother just emerged from the bedroom and walked lazily to the kitchen. Her hair in a mess that it could be mistaken for a birds nest. She opened the top cupboard and grabbed the bottle of whiskey, returning to her bedroom.

'Don't worry about your mother, sweetheart', her father told her.

'Why does mum drink a lot'? Little (y/n) questioned.

'Well, your mother is quite... ill-'

'You mean crazy'. She took a fork full of pancakes and put it in her mouth.

'No, I didn't say- okay, maybe a little. No one in their right mind will drink alcohol this early in the day'.

'What time are you supposed to drink'?

'About evening time, not morning'. She nodded, listening to her father. 'Ready for school then'? She nodded, happily and got her school bag.

The school wasn't far away from the house so they would always walk together. Before continuing into the building, they stopped and he kneeled to her height, fixing her bag and clothes.

'Okay, you be nice and stay out of trouble unless someone else starts a fight with you'. She giggled. 'now, remember what I said'? She nodded.

'Nothing is the end of the world'.

'That's right, there are always other paths to the same destination. Go on now'. He gently pushed her forward. She looked at the other kids entering and she started to feel frightened. 'Hey, what's wrong? There's nothing to be scared of. Here, I was going to wait for your birthday but I can't'.

He took a little box from his pocket and she opened it. Inside was a necklace of half a heart.

'I have the other half saying, her King and you have...'

'His little pri-princess'? She read with a little bit of difficulty.

'That's right, see, you can learn fast. Don't be afraid, as long as you have that necklace, I will always be there with you'.

~7 years old/birthday~

She hugged the tree, looking down. Her father laughed and held her hand. They were up in the tree at the park.

'Don't look down, honey'. I looked up. 'See that building over there'? My father pointed. I nodded. 'It's a college that I went to. Soon, you will go there, if you want to. What will you like to be when you're all grown up'?

'A superhero, I will save people from bad guys'. He laughed.

'First, we need to work on your fear of heights'. She slowly nodded.

~8 years old/A day before birthday~

Little (y/n) looked around for her father, still staying on the school grounds. Two men came to her, making her back slowly.

'It's okay, your father told us to come get you from school today'.

'How do you know my father'? She asked.

'We're friends of his. Come on, his waiting for us'. One of them opened the car door and the little girl slowly went in.

'She been taken from me, please you got to help'. Her father paced the room, officers watching and writing notes.

It's been a year and not a peep of his little daughter. Though, he was able to get somewhere in finding her. An abandoned warehouse.

He saw his daughter tied up to a pole. He didn't waste no time in cupping her cheeks.

'D-dad'?

'It's me honey, oh I missed you'. He hurried to untie her and take the blind fold. 'Let's get out of-'

'Where do you think your taking her'. A gun clicked and they both turned.

BANG.

A loud noise echoed the building, followed by the loud thump of her father in the ground.

'Run'.

'No dad'. Another shot echoed the building and she looked up in fear.

'It's okay, you're safe, you're safe', the officer informed.