Vigilante & Hero

I sighed as I fixed the bill for the house. I needed another job. Sure, it will destroy my sleeping schedule but to have somewhere to live is worth it.

I walked into the building for The Daily Bugle. Being their photographer was the option I had to go with.

I was standing in front of a desk where my future boss was looking at my work that I did over the years.

'Ha, your better then Parker. Do you know him'? I shook my head.

'Your lucky, you're hired. You start tomorrow'.

'Thank you sir'. I went out the office and bumped into someone.

'I'm so sorry'.

'That's alright'.

'So, you're a photographer too, huh'? I nodded. 'I'm Peter Parker by the way'.

'Oh, nice to meet you. The boss spoke of you'.

'Nothing good I suppose. Listen, I was thinking since we're going to be working together-'

'To get to know each other? Sure, why not'.

We both walked about, I didn't really mind where we went when he asked to pass by a place.

'I just realised I haven't introduced myself. (Y/n) (l/n)'.

'The girl on the news 14 years ago'?

'Yeah, that's me'.

'Sorry'.

'No, it's okay, I think'.

'Anyway, what do you think of the murderer'?

'Oh, ummm. To be honest, they did it better than Spider-Man'.

'But they killed him'.

'Yes but he deserved it for what his done'.

'Ah, Peter, my boy', I heard another voice.

'Otto'. I froze.

'And I see you brought (y/n)'.

'You two know each other'?

'Teaches me atomic physics', I replied, looking around.

'And how are you liking it'?

'It's okay'. My phone went off. The ID read my mother. She's not drunk enough this time.

'Did you pay the bills'? The first thing she said.

'Yes, I paid the bills. I had to get another freaking job because of your drunk ass', I whispered-yelled.

'Oh and while your out, but more whiskey'. She hang up.

I had no clue as to why my mother started drinking. I don't know, maybe because I was born or something and crying a lot as a baby.

'Pay the bills'? Otto questioned.

'Of my house... my father died beside me 14 years ago'. He looked at me in shock.

'I-I-'

'Well, I think it's my fault for not saying anything the first day of class'. He nodded.

'How about your mother? You don't have to answer, of course'. I shook my head and looked where Peter was.

'She doesn't have the capacity to do anything since I was 2 years old'.

'Sick'?

'Along those lines. Now, I must go. It's getting dark and I'm... late'.

'Oh okay, I will see you at work tomorrow then', Peter said. I nodded and left.

~Peter's POV~

'She's a good student', I started.

'Yeah, very quiet though, always sits in the back. Yesterday she did get into a fight'.

'Really? Did she win'? Otto chuckled.

'Well, she did get one punch in before being told off'. Suddenly, my phone went off.

'Live'?

'What is it'?

'It's... something. I'm not sure. I'm going to check it out, it says it's nearly here'. Otto nodded.

Upon exiting the building, I put on my suit and jumped onto the ledge. Who was this? Some kind of
winged creature?

'Leave him alone'! I called down. The creature took fight and stood on the side of the building with the man.

Wow, that thing can do that too?

'Put him down'! I said again. Up close, I could see blood down it's abdomen.

'Do you know who he is'? It asked. I looked at him. Judging on how he was dressing, he was some kind of thief, mugger.

'A thief'.

'Correct, spider boy. So you either swing along and let me do my job'.

'And what's that'?

'Killing him... like the last one'. My eyes widened.

'You killed that child molester'? It nodded. 'They're watching us'.

'What'?

'The press. I saw it live on the news so I came'.

'Spying. Anyway, they would know how bad he is'.

'Come on. We'll take him back to the police. Just hand him over'. Slowly, it did.

'Easy now'. As soon as I said that, it dropped him but I made a web to catch his fall and restrain him.

'Butterfingers'.

'You remind me a lot of someone I know. Dr Octopus. Know him'?

'Yes, robbing banks is really not my forte'. She shot... feathers at me. I dodged them as soon as I saw one pierce the brick.

'Where do you guys come from'?

'Well, I was an experiment between a couple of guys. My wings have soft feather but when I shoot them, I can kill you. Stay out of my way, Spider-Man. Trust me when I say these people deserve their fate'. Then, she flew off.

'She was an experiment'? I repeated to myself.

The question is... who is this winged vigilante. Is it good or bad? She or him?
Any idea please inform the Daily Bugle thought this comment.