Chapter 1: Journey home

*Ajar's POV*

''By the way, do you dance?'' Eva asked.

Ajar chuckled. ''No, but I'm willing to learn.''

Eva snuggled up to Ajar further, her head resting where his shoulder would be if he wasn't a snake. Ajar sighed, and watched from the roof of the car as the desert stretched onwards. Then a sudden thought struck him. he wouldn't be able to see Eva when they got back home. She lived in the oasis and he lived in the suburbs. 

Eva, feeling Ajar tense, asked, ''What's wrong?''

Ajar sighed and replied, ''It's just that, how are we going to see eachother when we get back home? I mean, you clan basically despises us 'dusties'.''

''That is true, but maybe me and Garry can convince our father?''

''I hope so. I don't imagine living without you.'' Ajar wrapped his tai around Eva tighter.

''And neither could I.'' Eva replied.

----Say hello to Dave the Time skip----

''Gods, is thee any water here?'' Garry complained, licking his lips. ''I've been without water for days!''

''Calm down Garry, once we get to the oasis with the well we travelled in, we'll rest there.'' Said Ajar.

''Sounds good to me.'' Said Pietra.

''For now, let's just enjoy the peacefull ride.'' Eva said, closing her eyes, and leaning into Ajar more. 

''I hope we get there soon.'' Said Pitt.

''Yeah, It's baking here on the roof.'' Ageed Emily.

They all sat around on the roof of the yellow jeep, cuddling up to their parners in silence, just enjoying the ride. 

This is the mostrelaxed I've been, ever. Thought Ajar, as he looked own at Eva. She was truly beautiful. He was lucky to be with her.

---Dave appears again.---

As the sun slowly set over the sand dunes, Ajar nudged Eva awake. She groaned, and opened her eyes. 

''What is it?'' She asked.

''We're getting close to the oasis. Wake up the others.'' Ajar replied, giving her a little kiss on the cheek. Eva blushed, and slithered up to Garry and Pietra.

After everyone was awake, the oasis slowly came into view. The little man who drove the car said, ''There's an oasis here we can stop at, but beware there might be wild animals there. Don't disturb them, and you'll be fine.'' 

The car stopped at he oasis, and the group slithered down the side of the car and towards the oasis.

''Water!'' Pietra exclaimed. ''I haven't seen water since I was a little girl.'' 

''Are you serious?'' Ajar asked.

Pietra slowed her slithering, and nodded. ''Omar never gave us anything to eat or drink.''

''That's awful!'' Garry exclaimed.

''Yeah.'' both Pitt and Emily agreed.

''Well, I learned to live with what I had; dance.'' Replied Pietra.

There were a few minutes of silence until the group had reached the water.

''Finally!'' Yelled Garry and leaped into the water, Eva following suit. 

Ajar chuckled as he slithered up to the small pond, and took a large fill.

As the night settled further in, Ajar curled up around Eva and kissed her goodnight. He watched as the rest of the group quickly fell asleep. Ajar sighed and rested his head on Eva's neck. Tommorow, they were going home.

----------------------------------------Aurthor's Notes--------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I'm the author of this fanfiction and I really appreciate any comments. Also, I'm sorry if I've made spelling mistakes, English isn't my first language. Anyway, the cover is designed by me, but the images at the start of every chapter aren't. In the next chapter, I will be doing a huge time skip, to where the group are nearly home, because there isn't much going on during that, and I wouldn't want to bore you! (Btw, yes, I did name my time Skip Dave)

Hopedom Out!