Chapter 1, Part 3

"Seems like you indeed neither got mad nor told a bad joke", Kunikida admitted.
"It should have been obvious, especially for you are said to be one of the best and most important detectives of your agency, Kunikida-kun. I can't deny that I'm rather disappointed in you", I informed him in a voice of high matter.
"Can't you just not be that annoying?", the detective sighed seemingly exhausted. "It's not as if teaching me pseudo lessons like this is part of your job."
"Fair enough. But I dare to add 'not yet' for the case if we were to become partners in this new alliance!", I replied thoughtfully.
"Better not, or I'll rather kill myself before getting forced to work with someone like you!", he shot back without any hesitation.
"Double suicide~!", I cried in enthusiasm.
Taking a deep breath, Kunikida reminded me: "Anyway. Didn't you tell your boss you'd come back to Port Mafia headquarters after you ended the call?"
"I see what you did there, detective. Finally found a way to get rid of me, huh? It won't last though. But you're right with what you said, so-", I broke up and turned my back on Kunikida. I nearly forgot we were still in a corridor in this goddamn school, which was now, as I just realized, fully evacuated. I couldn't lose any more time in this building, so I hastened down the outside leading stairs, leaving the still concerned detective without any more words behind.

A/N: I'm sorry, for this part really is a short one. But one cannot avoid that, parting a story in chapters, and the chapters again in parts. Also, it's possible that a part is much longer than the others, for example when the part is a long lasting conversation.