5. His Essence Remains

Mark Masa 01

"What's your favorite color?"

I glared at the familiar face of the engineer third year whom  I wished not to see again after I left his house. P Vee came randomly near me when I am lining up in a cue to buy some milk drink in my faculty's cafeteria. He was standing beside me and had asked a weird question without even without meeting my eyes.

"Excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked back not sure if its really me he was talking to. Maybe he was asking the girl at my front.

P Vee stares down to my face with his annoying little smile that makes me want to punch him in the nose.

"Who else? So tell me, what's your favorite color?"

Unbelievable. Is he seriously talking to me right now like nothing had happened? And why is he asking me about colors? Is he making fun of me?

"Get lost P." I said in a normal tone in order not to catch the attention of the people near us. I also refrain from throwing the senior a deadly glare even if I'm killing him inside my head right now.

"Oh. Ok." And that's it. He just took it lightly, shrugged his broad shoulders and turn away to leave. What did just happened to that jerk?

So I woke up this morning lying comfortably in my own bed, well fed and cleaned. Again, I don't remember about how I have gotten home and what happened to me after entering a catatonic stupor in the middle of the road. I just thank whoever it was who woke up and pulled me out of that misery. When I checked on the diary in my phone, I saw it was the other Mark.

He jotted down how I actually left that road. He said that P Rue went after me and sent me home. There's not much information he wrote except for another thing about P Rue apologizing for his brother saying that Vee regretted what he had done. And Mark02 accepted that apology. Yeah, sure. I bet he did this because he doesn't want his crush to feel guilty for his younger brother.

That might be the reason why P Vee acted that cocky just now.

I went back to my table feeling disappointed because the strawberry milk I wanted was sold out when I get into the counter.

"Here." I was surprise when somebody put a pink colored drink in the table in front of me. It was no other than P Vee. He was grinning and looking so proud when he sat down opposite me.

"What are you doing?" I asked watching him sipping on his iced coffee.

"What? I saw you looking sad after not having the drink you want so I asked the lady at the counter what you have ordered and purchased that at the cafeteria in the next building." He pouted at the strawberry milk that look so invitingly cold. It's my favorite and my day wouldn't be so complete without me drinking it. But if this guy bought this, I could live without it for a day. And did he really made an effort to buy it in the next building? Why?

"What's with you? Who told you to do this?" I asked suspiciously.

"No one. I'm just making the end of our...I mean I just want to do it for you. You looked sad back there." He push the pink milk a little so it could get closer to me. I pushed it back at him as far as it could get. He frowned.

"Well you got the wrong drink. I don't want it." I said lying.

"Aw. But the lady said you ordered for a pink milk." He replied looking confuse.