𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

[ Epilogue ]

Full Of Regrets

Preston heard voices talking, but she didn't hear the full sentences. She could smell bacon, but she didn't know where she was. Everything felt different to her, like she was in a different house. She was on a couch, but in a different place.

Once her vision was clearer, Preston tried to sit up. She frowned upon seeing the dark red stain on the Stanford hoodie.

She was full of regrets. Regrets about almost everything. Preston started remembering everything she told herself. She knew she was never compelled by any of the vampires, but she recalled tricking herself subconsciously.

After the fight with Dean, she didn't mean to, but she managed to trick her mind into thinking Damon was exactly like Dean. She felt regret for doing that, because she remembered the things he did before the fight. Preston couldn't remember why she painted him ever so slightly as the hero in the story.

A moment had passed and she sat up fully, holding her wound. She saw a pair of clothes to the side.

Preston attempted to stand, staggering a bit before she held onto the wall for support. It had felt like only a second since she had blacked out.

When she came out of the bathroom, she winced. It took Preston a second to realize it was Liz Forbes standing in the living room.

"Good! You're up, finally." Liz sighed in relief. It made Preston furrow her brows, "Finally? I've only been out for five minutes."

It was Liz's turn to become confused. She walked towards Preston, about to say something. "Preston, you've been out for two days." The Sheriff told her. Liz had a look of concern in her eyes as she examined the girl.

"I would have taken you to the hospital, but apparently you've been through this before and-" "How did you know about those times?" Preston didn't cut her off intentionally, she just wanted to know how she knew.

"Elena told me. She was really worried." Elena.

"Where's Elena? Is she okay?" Liz nodded in reply to Preston's worry. "What about Caroline?"

Liz motioned for her to follow her through the door. She walked slower for the teenager due to her injury. Things were starting to come back in little pieces, like her snapping at Alaric. She didn't know why she did that, it might have been that little noise in the back of her head getting to her.

They sat in the park, "Did you hear a noise that night? Before you blacked out?" Liz questioned.

Preston blinked, recalling the noise, "Sort of. It was piercing in my ears or brain... it just was there, but it was weird because I saw others bending over in pain two minutes after I heard it. Those were the vampires, they heard it way worse, so I don't know what's going on." She explained.

Liz looked at her, once again with concern in her eyes. "Preston, what happened right before you blacked out?" She asked another question.

Preston stayed quiet before answering as she looked down, "I snapped at Alaric Saltzman." Liz looked deep in thought as Preston carried on, "I guess I had an overwhelming anger built up and then I snapped."

"In return, he stabbed me. So, that's great." Preston added after.

Preston remembered most of what she forgot. More regret came rushing into her system. "Why don't you stay with Caroline and I?" Liz offered, making Preston finally look at her.

"Really?" Preston asked, not fully believing the offer. "I know Caroline would love it." Liz stated.

Preston nodded to confirm her answer, "I'd love that... is Caroline okay?"

She waited four minutes. After not getting an answer within that time frame, she started to worry.

After the fight with Dean in the start, she went to Damon and she tricked her own mind into believing he was exactly like Dean (minus a few things). And she's kind of realizing it now and she is realizing how Damon really is.

Basically she needed an older brother figure to replace Dean during that season. Yay.

Okay, bye!