Part 1 :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything but the writing <3

It was a warm summer day in the beautiful village of Encanto. The Madrigal's gifts were flourishing, and the village never seemed more at peace. There were beautiful roses and carnations, followed by begonias, daffodils, button poms, corydalis flexuosas, and lilacs. You may be asking how I know the names of the flowers. Well, the answer is quite simple. I've always been interested in flowers.

I know that Isabella can grow any flower she thinks of, but I like to spend some time in my garden, tending to flowers of my own. Unfortunately for me, some animals (likely the donkeys when they escape) have been munching on my plants. I needed some help building a fence, but I was too nervous to ask Luisa for help.

I walked into the plaza and placed a "help wanted" sign up around some places that permitted it. I already had the materials, all I needed was someone to help me install the fence. It wasn't long after that someone had taken one of the signs, and handed it to Luisa, the one they saw most fit for the task at hand. I saw them do it, and Luisa walked over to me.

"Hey, y/n. I see you need help building a fence." She says in a bored tone. "Yes, that would be very lovely, Luisa. If you don't mind, I mean- I can pay you if you need, not saying that you're poor or need the money I just-" I was interrupted. "Nah, no need. Show me the area you'd like fenced off and I'll work on it right away." Said Luisa, making me smile. We started walking to my garden shortly after.

I loved the idea that my flowers wouldn't be eaten, or at least hopefully they wouldn't. "Hey, Luisa?" I said, looking up at her. "Hm? What's up, y/n?" She asked, still walking. "I just wanted to thank you in advance for taking the job so quickly. I thought you might be busy so I hadn't bothered to ask." I said, smiling once more. "Don't mention it, y/n. Depending on the area, I can have this finished in half an hour."

I showed her the area that I wanted fenced off, and she chuckled. "Wait, what's so funny?" I asked Luisa, a tad bit curious. "Well, you're growing flowers is all, when you could easily ask my sister Isabella to make your entire garden flourish in seconds." Luisa said, containing her laughter after a little while. "Well, Luisa. I like to grow my own flowers, it's something I am interested in and it's more special to me this way," I say, wiping a tear off of my face while walking away.

Luisa's POV

'I didn't- I never meant to hurt her, but I think I should give her some space.' I thought to myself. I should have thought about her feelings before laughing, it was quite insensitive of me. 'Well, there's nothing I can do at this point, so I'll get to work on this fence.'

Your POV

It was now the hottest day of the summer. I saw Luisa at work, still hurt by what she said. No matter how much her laughter hurt, it was true. I could ask Isabella to make my flowers beautiful and perfect in seconds. However, I wasn't going to ignore the fact that Luisa was working outside in the hot summer sun.

I took a water bottle out of my fridge, noticing it was ice cold. This is perfect, I'll go ahead and hand this to her now. I walked outside, and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey Luisa. I brought you some water, I wouldn't want you to become dehydrated. Thank you again for working on this fence for me." I said, walking away shortly after.

Luisa's POV

I was working hard on this fence, making sure no animals could get in to eat her flowers. It is incredibly hot out here, but that doesn't stop me. The only thing that made me pause was the feeling of someone tapping on my shoulder. It was y/n. "Hey Luisa. I brought you some water, I wouldn't want you to become dehydrated. Thank you again for working on this fence for me." I looked at her with gratitude, and smiled in response. Unfortunately, she walked away before she could see my face or even see me smile in response. I had royally screwed up, and I knew that.

Your POV

I heard a knock at the door, so I placed my paintbrush down to answer. I had just painted Luisa at work, as she was the perfect person to paint. The sun was shining on her beautiful brown hair, her freckles were showing on her tan skin, her beautiful brown eyes were were now golden pools of honey. With the butterfly that landed upon her hand as she worked, she looked like perfection. 'Wait, huh????' I thought as I answered the door, finally. "Hey, Luisa. I'm very sorry for not answering sooner, I spaced out." I say, looking over to the painting. "Hey, no worries. I uh- can I come inside?" Luisa asked, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. "Of course you can, come on in." I reply, moving a piece of hair out of my face.

She steps in, sighing in relief. It was as if the weight of the world had lifted off of her shoulders. "Hey, I finished the fence. And uh-" she paused. "I'm really sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to laugh or to hurt your feelings, I'm really sorry." She finished. I smiled, taking one of her hands. "It's okay, I'm more than grateful for you today," I say, pulling her into a hug. She stood there, shocked. Eventually, I felt her arms wrap around me, hugging me in return.

"Luisa," I pause. "You give really nice hugs." We shared a smile, and she was headed back to the casita.