8: Interrogation

Mikayla's pov:

I sat in the chair, trying to apprehend what was happening. Why would Percy suddenly side with the terrorists?

"Annabeth!" I nearly fell over in shock when they brought her inside. But I quickly masked the surprise,

"hello Mikayla. I just heard Percy's a traitor," she growled, "but I don't understand, he never could!"

the guard left and a minute later, the interrogator walked inside. Agent Hector. 

I lowered my head in respect,

"Mrs Souser, Mrs Chase," He started, "you both know Perseus Jackson exceptionally well. We will need you to tell everything you know about his recent actions and any other suspicious actions that have happened int he past,"

"he doesn't have any," I blurted out,

"well, then you will tell us everything," he replied, as a camera turned to us. Annabeth found that uncomfortable, but me, usually being the person who interrogates, I know the procedures.

"he used to be my boyfriend before I chose work over him, he never ever had any suspicious activity. Any explosion or such was never his fault. It was an accident when he accidentally shot a canon at a bus, or dumped his whole class into a shark tank," Annabeth summarized. I slightly smiled, I remember him telling me about it. His face was so...embarrassed and red!

"Mrs. Souser?" Agent Hector asked,

"he never had any suspicious activity other than when we first met -- which I never told you about, he took down a strong gang, which was terrorizing a child. All by himself. No FBI agent could take them down by themselves," I said.

"interesting, but that is only strength." Annabeth commented, "there is nothing suspicious he has done or said that would relate in any way to him being a terrorist!"

"Die, US FBI and Soldiers, Die!" Percy's face, smirking, showed on the TV as one of the soldiers had their head chopped off.

"Maybe if you were Wise enough to have not trusted me, then you would have never fallen!" he shouted as the camera stopped. 

I stared at the screen. He couldn't. His eyes didn't portray that evil. 

Maybe if you were Wise enough to have not trusted me, then you would have never fallen

It seems coded. But I don't understand.

"I'll be taking my leave," Agent Hector said, leaving. 

"that last sentence, it seems coded," I said, Annabeth nodded,

"but what could it mean? Maybe if you were wise enough to have not trusted me, then you would have never fallen. He put emphasis on wise, trusted, me and fallen. Something with those words," Annabeth said, "wise. wise. wise. wise." She muttered, her eyes calculating.

I stared at the now black TV.

Who are you loyal to, Percy?

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote, share and follow