uno

4:38 pm

mar: hey lucifer

lukee: marina, you need to come over. now.

i wonder what this is probably about, and assume it's about my horrible--and i mean horrible--sister, ella. luke and i were 19, while she was 20. they got married last year, after four years of being high school sweethearts. naïve luke fell head-over-heels in love with my older sister, the school's slut, freshman year. and it was no surprise that he lost his virginity their second date. she cheated on him four times, but he came crawing back every time. i pulled into the driveway of the home they could barely afford and slammed the door behind me. i was so sick of ella's bullshit. if she says "i do" that doesn't mean she can keep on shagging other guys while luke is working his ass off trying to pay the bills.

i ring the doorbell, fuming. luke answers, in tears. "what the fuck did she do this time?" i say through gritted teeth. he pulls out a pair of boxers. "god damnit, ella." i scream.

"i found them in our bed after i came home last night. i was in denial. i couldn't believe. why would she still do this...?" he whimpered. "because she's an evil bitch you shouldn't have married! god, lucas, why don't you just divorce her?!" i rub my temples. "because she's the love of my life..." "luke, you're acting like the gullible little high-schooler ella loved to play with. you were her fucktoy. you will always be her fucktoy. why don't you grow a pair and get back at her?!"

"because she's the lo--"

"yeah, i get it, luke, she's the love of your life!" i shout.

we sit in silence, until a brilliant idea comes to me.

"hey luke."

"what?"

"why don't we get back at her?"

"how?"

"you cheat on her."

"with who?"

"with me, god damnit!"