What Happened At The Parlour

And so, life, as it always was, treated Madelyn sweetly for yet another day. She had a great time at school, with her besties swarming by her. It was all perfect for Madelyn, and her family can make sure of that. Everyday, after school, Madelyn helps her parents run the family ice cream parlour. The parlour was the reason she got noticed at school. Not much went to the parlour when it was done renovated (it was already with the family for over five years!) but boy was it crowded when Madelyn spread the word. She was greatly noticed for her ice cream, and she continued to get more noticed in other things. Alas, she became at the top of the social ladder. She never wanted to compete with anyone, and nobody ever wants to compete with her. A few tried but all failed. Now, its logical for the most popular kid in school to have a boyfriend, right? Madelyn does NOT have a boyfriend. You heard me. No boyfriend. "I'm just not ready for a steady relationship. I may have watched to much romance movies and listened to breakup songs, but I know whether I'm ready or not," That's Madelyn's answer everytime she was asked. And also, another homerun for Taylor Swift, the queen of breakup songs!
"A boyfriend is important for your social life. I mean, what goes better than a girl and her boyfriend, sitting at the park bench, scooping each other a spoonful of ice cream, and staring into the sunset?" Kylie, one of Madelyn's besties, tried to bring up the conversation title. "Look, first of all, there is no such thing as that. Second of all, like Taylor said, there is no such thing as 'riding off into the sunset', and there is no true love. Third of all, if I get hooked up with somebody, I can't help my parents by the parlour anymore," Madelyn responded while giving her nails a quick manicure. "First of all, that doesn't make any sense. Second of all-"
"Oh please, I already heard your crap. You always bring this up every now and then. Now lets just talk about something else instead of playing 'first of all', okay?" Madelyn politely mocks Kylie. "Fine then. After all, you are the first," Kylie resigns from the mouth battle. Oh yeah, a second homerun for Taylor Swift!
After school, as always Madelyn walks to the parlour which is right accross their school. And as always, the parlour was packed. "You guys go sit, I'll whip up some milkshake and sundae for you guys," Madelyn told her followers. She left her friends and slightly skips towards the kitchen. There, her parents and a few other workers were busy preparing meal. Madelyn grabs her apron and walks by her parents. "Mommy, Daddy!" She exclaimed while hugging both of them. "Owh, its my Mady-Paddy!" They both shouted and hugged back. "Now you go ahead and make your friends something to eat. Then, help Daddy fill in these orders," Mommy asked politely. Madelyn nods, then skidaddles around the kitchen, grabbing the necessary ingredients and started making the treats for her friends.
"Oh wow, this sundae is to die for," Georgia exclaimed. "Thanks," Madelyn replied, calmly sipping her milkshake. "How's your sundae, Kylie?" Madelyn asks Kylie who's carefully working herself through a bowl of chocolate sundae. "Perfect," Kylie replied. "Oh, I heard a hot boy transferred to our school. They say he's coming for some ice cream. You should check him out, whether is he good for you or not," Kylie said after shoving a spoonful of sundae. "I will after I fill in some orders," Madelyn replies, and then skips to the kitchen. "Maddie, will you please check that boy at table number five? He just sat down," Madelyn's mom said when she entered the kitchen. Madelyn grabs her notebook and visits the boy who has a hoodie up his head. "Hi, would you like to order?" Madelyn asked. "Oh yeah, I would like.." the boy held up his head and shoved his hoodie. Madelyn couldn't help and just stared.