Chapter : 5 : Suspicions

1.

    It was Leviathan who became suspicious first. He stays up late playing his games and goes to the kitchen to get a snack once in a while, so he's used to it when he sees Lucifer and Mammon having a conversation on the couch late in the night.

But, he hasn't been able to hear one of the topics ever since he found Lucifer and Mammon talking, like, 3 weeks ago.

Leviathan could see the annoyed look Lucifer had on, but disguised it with an amused smirk. Leviathan already knew that the slight annoyance Lucifer was trying to hide, wasn't directed towards Mammon.

The brothers' treatment towards Mammon was improving, and everyone could agree that the demon brothers were starting to get protective over their 2nd borne brother. Some were reluctant to leave Mammon's time at certain times, the twins and Satan were great examples of that.

Belphegor and Beelzebub would snuggle up to Mammon every chance they get, while Satan clings to Mammon whenever he sees the white haired male. Asmodeus and himself would complain about how much the three of them were hogging Mammon all the time.

Speaking of Mammon, Leviathan could see how his white haired older brother was blushing furiously and seeming to fluster to what Lucifer said. To which, he raises a brow at. He could clearly see his two older brothers were talking about a certain subject.

For the past couple of weeks, Leviathan would sometimes catch Mammon coming back into the house late into the night once the weekend was almost over, the indigo-haired male would notice Mammon would come home with a bruised neck and a messy appearance.

He assumed that someone jumped his older brother and he didn't like it. So, he confronted Mammon one night about it.

"E-Eh??" Mammon lets out, surprised by Leviathan's assumption. "It's not like that Levi, I wasn't in a fight or anything!" Mammon explained with a smile to ease the younger male.

"But...you're neck..?" Leviathan points out, an unconvinced pout forming on his lips.

Leviathan sees Mammon become red and flustered, as if he was embarrassed. Like, what Leviathan said embarrassed the older male, as if got he caught singing towards his own reflection in the mirror.

Which was kind of embarrassing if Leviathan was caught doing that, too.

"Ah, well, I—uhm—the devilish mosquitos are a pain, ya know??" Mammon stammers out, laughing as if he was hiding something.

"Mm...okay.." Leviathan said, nodding his head to what Mammon said.

With a smile, Mammon pats Leviathan on his head. "Welp! Imma go hit the hay, all that gambling got me tired!" He says, smiling as he yawns.

"See ya tomorrow morning, Levi! Night!" Mammon said, softly ruffling Leviathan's hair as he got up the stairs and waved the indigo haired male, goodbye.