Chapter : 4 : Caught

Lucifer was about to have a very busy morning. He had plenty of reports to finish going over, the same reports that caused him to pulled an all-nighter. And if we're going to include his rowdy brothers, his stress levels will most definitely go through the roof.

Although, he was very grateful for MC's presence. Without the human to herd his younger brothers like sheep, he was positive he about to burst a blood vessel. Currently at the table eating breakfast with everyone, he notices that one of his demon brother's aren't present.

"Where is Mammon?" Lucifer asks, looking at the empty seat beside MC.

Lucifer's eye caught wind of MC's jerking form, as if they were caught from doing something illegal. It was clear MC knew something he didn't.

With a slight cough and the sound of clearing their throat, MC spoke up. "Uh, Mammon texted me that he left early." They informed, averting Lucifer's red eyes.

Lucifer raises a brow at what they said. He knew something was missing, but before he could make a comment about it, Asmodeus spoke up.

"I'm pretty sure he didn't come home, last night. He told me he was about to hit the jackpot at the casino." Asmodeus says, smiling at Mammon's excited form when the white haired male called him last night.

"Yeah. I was awake the whole night and I didn't hear any footsteps heading towards Mammon's room." Leviathan comments.

MC coughs loudly, indicating the two to shut up. The human slowly glances at Lucifer and flinches when they see Lucifer's red eyes staring directly at their form. MC knew how protective Lucifer was with his brothers, and since all the demon brothers made up with Mammon, Lucifer became very overprotective over the white haired male.

Nervously sweating, MC decides to change the subject. "T-The breakfast tastes great! Satan you definitely outdid yourself, hahaha!" They said nervously smiling at Satan.

Satan knew what they were trying to do and just ignores them, also wondering where his older brother is. MC sees this and lets out a curse under their breath.

'You could have at least help me!' They thought, with an irritated smile.

"It seems to be Mammon has asked you to cover for him, is that right?" Lucifer spoke up, a smile on his face as he faces towards MC. Already figuring out what MC was doing.

MC starts sweating and was slightly shaking in both nervousness and fear. 'You absolute dumbass, you should have told him that Mammon was out gambling!' They thought, comically crying.

'This is what I get for walking in on those two assholes! I'm happy Mammon's getting some dick and in a happy relationship, but did they really have to make me their scapegoat?!' MC thought, comically crying as they bit their lip.

"Would you care to enlighten me as to why you are covering for Mammon?" Lucifer asks sweetly, but MC knew better than to be deceived by his fucking smile.

MC swallows their food thickly. "I-I have no idea what you are talking about." They shakily replied, their clearly hand shaking as they picked up the glass of water.