Chapter Twenty Two

Edited

The grogginess washes over me like an old friend. The lights are too bright and my head throbs with each pulse strumming through my veins. I groan with restlessness and wish to stretch my stiff joints, but before I even open my eyes I know I'm restrained. Great.

Slowly opening my eyes, I stare at my shoeless feet on the floor. Once I'm able to lift my head, I come face to face with Greg. "Is this your work or Colton's fine tying job?" I wiggle against my restraints. "Neither of you could even be a gentleman and cover me up, I feel a little sleazy with my chest hanging out for all to see." He doesn't bite. "Where is Colton anyways?"

"Oh, he'll be here soon enough." He at least acknowledges that one. "You see, he thinks you're still out cold. He tied you up and left to gather some blankets and water to take care of his precious Bianca." He licks his lips, "I on the other hand thought that I would see what's so great about you." His eyes drop down to stare at my boobs, "now I can see why."

My body goes into overdrive as survival mode pollutes my brain when he stands up and approaches me. I'm stuck, literally, as he puts his hands on the chair arms before leaning in close. I expect the worst from him and the worst is what I get.

I wanted to be mistaken for thinking that just because he's friends with Colton that he would be a creep too, but he is a creep. He brings his face so close to mine that our noses touch. I turn away as his breath reeks of beer. A scream rips from between my lips in hopes to alert someone, wishfully Colton. I never thought I'd want that. But Greg's boney fingers grasp my face, cutting my scream short. Before I can blink his mouth is over mine.

I try with all my might to keep my mouth closed as he tries to pry it open with his tongue. As his fingertips dig into my shoulder, I lose the fight of keeping my mouth closed. A muffled scream demands to burst from between my clenched teeth. I'm on the verge of throwing up from the residual after taste of the beer so I do the first thing I can think of, I bite him. He stumbles away backwards from what I thought is the shock of my teeth, but it's something else entirely.

Colton entered the room without either of our knowledge. He stands there looking me over for any injuries that I could have sustained as he grips a fistful of Greg's shirt. I'm glad that I didn't have to bite him a second time and draw blood, but that look in Colton's eyes, I've seen it before. Without a word, he leaves the room just as fast as he entered, dragging Greg along with him.

I struggle to listen to the conversation that the two of them have. I hear Colton bickering about how no one goes into this room and how I'm his and his alone. The usual bullshit. Then there's a guttural moan most likely from Greg.

Colton reenters the room. "You don't have to worry about him or anybody else. You'll be safe, I promise."

"Safe, but not trusted. How long exactly do you plan on keeping me tied to a chair? Do I have to get man handled by you too before I'm able to roam free? I don't plan on leaving until we come to an understanding so you don't have to worry about me disappearing again."

"What understanding are we supposed to come to?"

"That's simple. You, leaving me alone. Let me go Colton, let me live my life and let yourself live a life without breaking the law. You can't make me love you, after everything you did and still do, it won't result in me loving you, it will only result in me hating you more than I already do."

There's a slight shake of his head as he disagrees with me.

My tone is stronger as my voice gets louder. "In all honesty, one of us might have to die, hell maybe even both of us. I came here ready to face death, Colton, because I would rather die than be with you or have to live looking over my shoulder every single day of my life. So untie me and get on with it."