Chapter 1

Camera flashes were nothing new as she walked in low-cut gowns over the plush carpet.  Her petite body looked perfect in her outfit, which had been meticulously chosen by her fiancé's assistant- the one who had warned her so much to stay away from him- yet, received null acknowledgment of her suggestion.

The hand placed on her lower back was familiar enough to her, the way it guided and pulled her anatomy as if she were a simple porcelain doll. Even the reflectors on her profiled face seemed to think the same thing as the man and his sly smile, which was confident in the face of the media and interviews he was so intoxicated with.

She posed next to him like a statue, just smiling and avoiding speaking.

-'' How have the wedding plans been going Mr. Laufeyson?''- She heard the interviewer ask.

Loki drew a playful smirk on his face, adjusting his grip on her waist.

-'' They've been going perfect.''- He answered, widening his gesture. -'' My dear Hope and I are excited for the date to arrive.''- He leaned over her left to place a cold kiss on the blonde's rosy cheek- who forced a smile to press over her pink lips.

This was all a sham, and she knew it.

The planning had been carried out on her own with the organizer, as Loki had been too busy taking care of his company affairs and the women that surrounded him every night. For Hope, the situation had reached a state of mental exhaustion that she no longer even complained to him for not having arrived at the house the night before. Or for showing up with kisses stained on his work shirts. She preferred to shut up, smile at him, and receive him with a huge smile like a good housewife would do.

She had tried many times to leave him, but he always returned to her with a promise of change, of being someone better and worthy of her love; ending up burying all those false oaths once a new pair of legs crossed in front of his green eyes.

On her left ring finger, a precious jewel gleamed, which matched the tight black dress that hugged her figure that, despite being small with her high black heels, her legs turned in such an enviable way. She hated attending these events, especially when the famous after-parties came and her fiancé was completely out of sight.

She was dragged into a couple more interviews after that until the movie premiere arrives.

They used to invite Loki to such banal events as this- especially because he was an investor in the largest production of houses of the United Kingdom. She didn't even know that this could be a source of investment- but after spending so much time with her fiancé, the business world had become the daily bread, as well as often seeing well-known actors suddenly strolling at the parties hosted by the man.

She rested her cheek on his shoulder while her beloved partner's view remained on his cellphone throughout the whole film. Hope tried to pay attention- however, her furtive sight and the curiosity that flooded her betrayed her. She remained cautious about the mobile screen, capturing various female faces within his constant messages. She was beginning to grow tired of this situation, of all this deception.

-'' Loki, at least watch the movie.''- She said jadedly. Her greenish gaze remained on the big screen, however, her attention was not entirely on the story played on it.

The bluish irises lifted from his mobile for a couple of seconds, heading towards the bored expressions that his fiancé possessed, frowning. The man took her hand, catching her off guard, making her raise her blonde eyebrows in surprise- perhaps this time expecting different behavior from him. Her surprise was null, but her terror grew when Loki squeezed his own tightly, violently squeezing her fingers.