Cove x Winter Loving (enby)Reader: Christmas (Step 3)

Merry late Christmas yall!! This is just going to be a small and sweet one shot. Also PLEASE give me more scenarios, im begging. i want to write so bad but i have no ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Winter wasn't Cove's favorite time of year, that's for sure. There were a few perks to it though. He liked getting presents. Presents were always a nice surprise. Well even if he knew he was getting them. And he really enjoyed the sweets that were always sold around the holidays. 

But his favorite thing about the winter was that it was Y/N's favorite time of year. They would dress up in the cutest sweaters and scarves and they had the sweetest aesthetic. He liked Y/N wearing as little as possible, but he loved seeing the pure joy on their face when they would get all cozy in something warm. When he thinks of winter, he thinks of Y/N's smile. 

Cove started getting feelings for Y/N after they shared the loft on that camping trip all those years ago. He usually didn't like sharing his sleeping space with anyone, but that moment when Y/N cuddled up to him and nuzzled their face into his chest... The feeling of warmth that spread over him was unrivaled. He missed being that close to Y/N after that. He also started having difficulties paying attention whenever he was near them too.

Cove was snapped out of his daydreams by Y/N, who had that bright, cheerful smile on their face, their cheeks just a bit red. 

"Cove! I had an idea! What if we had a Christmas party this year? We could invite everyone we know and we could watch movies, have hot chocolate, a make sweets! Oh, and we could have some sort of secret Santa?" Y/N rambled on about their idea, the flush growing brighter on their face.

He stared at Y/N lovingly, blanking out and not really paying attention to what Y/N was saying. 

"Yeah..." Cove mumbled, staring at their E/C eyes that were practically lighting up.

"Yeah!? Yes! Lets do it! You're going to help me set up, right?" 

"Mmm. Of course..." 

"Yes! I'll see if Terri and Randy would like to help set up, I'm sure they would love to help. Oh, this is going to be so much fun! Oh wait, I need to go ask moms if we can even do this. I'll be right back!" 

Y/N leaned forward, gave Cove a squeeze, and dipped out of the room. 

Cove sat there, confused. What the hell just happened? Guess he should've been paying attention to what they were saying. 

Oh well, it'll all probably be fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugghh, why do I have to carry all of this crap? Why can't I be the one putting it all up? You're taking forever." Cove whined, carrying a box of red and silver tinsel.

"If I let YOU do it, you would just throw shit everywhere! Absolutely no aesthetic placement! I want this to look nice, Cove!" Y/N replied, twirling the red and white tinsel around the corners of the ceiling.

Terri and Randy were digging around in a box of ornaments and decorations. Terri gasped and pulled something out of the box. A couple of green leaves with cute little white berries dangling. 

"You guys have mistletoe!? Like, real genuine mistletoe!" 

"But... Terri... It's plastic." Randy stated, pointing to the waxy green leaves.

"No, no, I mean, most people just use fake holly and pretend its mistletoe! This is fake, but its fake MISTLETOE! Not holly! That's so cool!" Terri gushed.