e i g h t

March 27, 2000

Smutt

"What it do, big bro?!" Darrin yells excitedly, running around the car to hug me. "We missed you like a muh fucka mane."

I take the time to squeeze him just as hard as he is squeezing me. I love my baby brother and missed his ass dearly too. I missed, Josh, my kids. Everybody I love.

"I missed you too bro." I let him know. After a while of us hugging on some sap shit, we break apart and get in the car.

"So what's been up, mane. Lace me up." I tell him relaxing in the seat a little bit.

"Shit, I never did fully tell you about what was going on with lil Smuttie, did I?" He pulls off out of the parking lot.

"Naw, you jus' told me not to worry and you would handle it."

"Well, I did handle it. I had lil Smuttie stay wit' me after he told me what was goin' on. I figured I'd let you do the rest when you got aht."

"So what the fuck was goin' on?"

"Mane, Weasel is a bully is all. He beats on Ericka and tried to do it wit' Smuttie." He shrugs his shoulders.

"I know my lil nigga wasn't goin' for no hoe shit though."

"Hell naw, and Weasel ain't like that."

"What the fuck was Ericka doin' about it?" I ask out of curiosity. She has never been a bad mother. Sure she gets frustrated every now and then as most parents do, but she has always wanted the best for our son.

"Shit, from the bit I got out of Smuttie she wasn't lettin' Weasel beat on him. They was both tryna protect each other from how he explained it. It kind of makes sense though, because Ericka stay sendin' him to stay with other people."

"He ain't been bad has he?"

"Nih you know lil man is bad. But, I have fun with him. I prefer dealin' with a lil bad kid over a cry baby, tattle tellin' one any day. Lil dude funny as fuck and keep me on my p's and q's."

"I taught him well." I say proudly.

"Hell yeah. Had me tryin' my best to plant my seed deep off in yo' mother-in-law. He got me wanting one of my own."

"Shut the fuck up, Psych. I told you that ain't shit no mo'."

"I know, it's just wit' him bein' yo first boyfriend and all, you ain't finna live that shit down. All other boyfriends after him finna be measured against Arique." He says laughing, but I know he means it.

"Nigga, why?"

"Because, he was cool, wasn't too girly and shit. Fun to fuck with."

"So you don't think we should get back together?" I ask kind of hopeful for the situation.

"Honestly, I can't answer that for you. You know the shit you was dealing with in that, and whatever other bullshit that might happen. That's for you to decide."

"You ain't no help," I grumble out.

"It ain't my fault yo' hoe ass decided to fuck with a broad and her brother at the same damn time. Weird ass."

"Shut the fuck up." I say a little irritated. I know all of what he saying is true. Shit, if I needed a recap of the situation I would have asked for one.

"Bitch quit talkin' to me like I'm some hoe. Don't be mad at me because you in yo' feelings about some shit you can't control."

"Shut up bitch." I mumble irritated. "How you and Janie been?" I take the heat off me. I'm not trying to fight with my brother about bullshit and I just got out.