Nothing Beats Italian Food

"Come on Jotaro," Polnareff whined, "If you're not studying for school then you may as well come have some fun with us. Just hand the case off to the Speedwagon Foundation and call it a day."

Jotaro shook his head, his expression making it clear that there was no room for debate. "The foundation is still busy researching the arrow, I don't want to trouble them with something minor like this. I just have to do some investigating for my own peace of mind." He sighed and pulled his hat down lower over his eyes, "Good grief, don't look at me like that. You two go enjoy your vacation. Maybe I'll join you some other time." There was a beat before he cracked the barest hint of a smile, "Either way it's still been really good getting to see you two."

"Likewise, Jotaro," Kakyoin said with a smile of his own. "We understand. Come on Polnareff, let's go see what Morioh has to offer."

"Do you have any specific plans in mind?" Jotaro called after them, "Maybe I can recommend something."

Polnareff thought about it for a moment, "Well it's almost lunch time, we might go grab some food if we can."

"Then in that case there's no better place than Tonio's."

The place was easy enough to find from Jotaro's directions. And after a round of enthusiastic introductions and some butchered Italian from Ponareff, the two were seated. Jotaro had warned them of the eccentric nature of the restaurant and so they accepted their diagnosis from Tonio without too much hassle and settled in to await their meal.

Kakyoin drummed his fingers anxiously against the table as they waited, "You know I'm worried about Jotaro. He's still working too hard, it can't be good for him."

Polnareff nodded in agreement and propped his head up on one hand, elbow resting on the table. "You're right, he really hasn't changed one bit has he?" He thought about it for a minute then snapped his fingers, "I've got it! What if we get someone to take over the investigations for a day or two and then we can drag him out with us to have some fun?"

"What, like force him to relax?"

"It worked with my sleepover idea didn't it?" Polnareff shrugged.

Kakyoin smiled, "I suppose it did. How was your day out with Rohan? Maybe we could ask him to help."

Polnareff hummed thoughtfully, "I ended up watching the kids while he did his own shopping. I think he finds me a bit loud anyway. But we did talk a lot on the train ride there and he was pretty interested in what we did in Egypt. Maybe you can ask him as a favor in exchange for getting interviewed."

"I'll see what I can do," Kakyoin laughed.

"Oh hey, Polnareff and Kakyoin," the pair looked up to see a familiar face grinning at them, plates of food in either hand.

Polnareff grinned and reached over for a fist bump after accepting the dishes. "Okuyasu! I didn't know you worked here, how's it going?"

Okuyasu nodded, "Yeah well I can't live on lottery money and leftover funds forever you know. So I figured I'd get a job for spending cash and to help take care of my old man." He shifted a little, self-conscious as Polnareff and Kakyoin gave him looks of sympathy. "Tonio's a good friend anyway," he said, "So working for him has been pretty nice. And learning to make all kinds of good food is definitely a plus. Looks like I've finally found something I'm good at."

Their banter continued on throughout the meal and even Tonio came over once in a while to chat while Okuyasu took over briefly in the kitchen. There were no other customers in the restaurant that day anyway and so the experience was rather calm and pleasant. Or rather, as calm as it ever got eating at Tonio's.

Before long, Polnareff and Kakyoin had finished off the last of their dessert and were preparing to leave. As they were discussing their next moves, Okuyasu rushed out of the kitchen to catch them. "Hey! My shift is ending now, where are you two off to?"

Kakyoin shrugged, "We didn't have anything in mind really. Maybe just walk around and see what Morioh has to offer."

"Why don't you join us," Okuyasu suggested, "Jotaro should be here soon to meet me. Koichi's busy with Yukako today so we thought we'd hang out for a bit. We can be your tour guides!"

"Sounds good to me," Polnareff grinned and looked over at Kakyoin, "What do you think?"

"Well, as long as we aren't intruding," Kakyoin agreed, "If Josuke is fine with it that is."

Okuyasu's eyes lit up as he looked past Polnareff's shoulder and waved, "Why don't you ask him yourself? Yo Josuke!"

"Hey Okuyasu," Josuke said cheerfully as he jogged over to join them. "Polnareff and Kakyoin too, nice to see you here. How's Iggy doing?"

"He wanted to sleep in today so I left him with Jotaro," Polnareff explained.

Josuke nodded and turned his attention back to Okuyasu, "Great, ready to go?"

"Yeah, of course," Okuyasu said eagerly. "I invited these two to come with us though, you don't mind do you, bro?"

"Oh, of course not," Josuke said, looking a little startled but quickly putting on a pleasant smile. "The more the merrier right? And I certainly don't mind showing off Morioh a little while Mr Jotaro's busy."

"That's what I'm saying!" Okuyasu agreed and headed for the door with a cheer, "Let's head out!"