Chapter 1-Hajime

Hajime Hinata was just an average student in the famous high school "little peak" which was in high school that prepared its students for the Hope's Peak Academy, helping them find their talent. He was already in his third year but he still couldn't find a talent that was right for him, while all his classmates found their talent in their first year.

...

Hajime's P.O.V.

Ugh, Sundays.

It had been a great week but then Sunday happened.

I mean, it was kind of my fault. *I* decided to do all my homework in one day every week, so I could enjoy life and go on with my Plan, but it was still really hard to spend an entire day working.

To be honest, that week was TOTALLY worth it.

I went out with my best friends like everyday, and we also went to a party.
It was really exciting, I had never been to a party before, and this one was great: the music wasn't too loud, we were in an open space, so we didn't have to bump into people every five seconds, the food was really good, it was like a dinner buffet, and the drinks were really tasty and exotic-flavoured (not alcoholic drinks).

We played a lot of board games, and we could even read in peace, but the best thing was that I could exploit my abilities.

I have always been really observant, and at some point, I started seeing through people's real thoughts. Not like a real superpower, I couldn't read minds or anything, but to me, every glimpse of emotion on soneone's face was obvious, so I could know if they were lying, or how they felt about sonething.

It was pretty fun, and it also helped me find out some interesting stuff, like crushes, or small secrets. I've never been a gossip-loving guy, I prefer to keep this kind of knowledge to myself, but it's still nice knowing you understand the people around you.

I didn't expect to like the party, I would have hated it if it had been a normal one, but I found out something that changed my life, even if I didn't know at first.

Before I say what happened, it's important to know that I had a kind of challenge going on, with my friend Ibuki: I had to make my 3 OTPs come true, in like two months. If I had won, she would have owed me 3 favours of any kind, but if I had lost, I would have had to be her manager for concerts and stuff for a whole month.
I probably hadn't thought it through enough, since it was pretty inconvenient for me to accept, but it looks like I did.

I also had a small crush on my best friend Chiaki. That might seem strange, since I ship her with Princess Sonia, but, you know, shippers don't need sanity, they need sugar.

...

The party was the first day of Christmas Holydays, there were all my classmates, and some other people we knew from school.

As soon as I was at the party, I waved at Ibuki, not sure she saw me, then  tried to find Gundham.
My plan was to talk to all of the 6 people in my OTPs to make sure there were some feelings, and the first ship was Soudam.

Our conversetion was pretty short, but he occasionally looked around to find someone in the crowd, and when he saw Kazuichi he smiled softly and stopped searching for that someone.

Being satisfied with what I got to know, I ran towards my best friend, so I could have a few words with him too.

He seemed pretty nervous when I approached him, then he asked "Why were you talking with Gundham? I thought you two weren't particularly close..."

"Don't worry, I was just making some research for you~"

"Wait, what?"

But I was already gone.

I saw the buffet, and I couldn't resist food.

Luckily, near the sandwiches with olive cream and cheese, my favourites, there was Peko.

I quickly grabbed as many sandwiches as I could and shoved half of them in my mouth. She started stepping away so I had to stop her.

"Peko!" I coughed "Wait a second!"

"What is it?"

"Have you asked Fuyuhiko out?"

"What? No!"

"Why not?"

Then I left Peko thinking about it, obviously confused, but I saw her talking to Fuyuhiko later, my plan probably worked.

I had already talked about it in the past, so I knew she was hopelessly in love with her 'young master', at the point she could have sacrificed herself for his sake.

Not like he wouldn't have done the same for her, but the two of them just hadn't talked about it yet, so I had to wait until Peko, who would have confessed first anyone, was feeling ready.

I had planned to spend some time with my best friend right after, both because I really enjoyed talking with her, and to proceed with the bet, but on my way I bumped into Nagito.

...

I had never realky interacted with him, he was kind of the weirdo of the class, but I always found him really curious and interesting.

I apologized and was about to walk away when he stopped me.

"Don't worry, Hinata-kun.....anyway since you're here, how about you stay with me for a couple if minutes? We did really have the chance to know each other much these past years, right?"

He chuckled. I thought he looked adorable, like a lost puppy, and I started feeling bad for letting him be alone all this time because of some rumors and prejudices.

"Sure" I smiled "are you having fun here?"

Nagito seemed grateful for my answer.

"Yeah, it's very nice, even though it's the weirdest and most peculiar party I've ever been at"

I mentally murdered myself for being surprised that people invited him to parties.

"Really? It's my first one, so I don't know much about them, how are they supposed to be?"

We kept talking for definitely more  than two minutes, but I had enjoyed it so much I didn't care.
I felt so stupid for never being friends with him, one of the nicest and funniesty people I've ever met, almost as likeable as Chiaki...

I adked him for his number, and gave him mine. Then went back to the buffet, having completely forgotten about the original plan.

{1081 words}

{published the 11th of October 2022}

<☆I know it's been like three months now, and I really am sorry, it wasn't meant to happen this late. Anyway, a late update is better than no update at all, isn't it? I haven't wrote anything yet for the next chapters, but I already have them in mind, so it will take me much less time. I really hope you liked this new start, the story now has changed almost completely, but I should slready say that there will be no "bad guys": I won't make anyone the "villain" or anything, only some people who are bitches, still not bad though. This is because I don't want to make anyone's favourite character less liked in this story, I'd rather stick to the version I know of them (Danganronpa 2 is the one whose characters I know less).
One more thing, I'm open to suggestions, I can't promise I will put them in the story, but if they fit, I will gladly do so.
Thank you for reading ❤☆>