Chapter 4-Kazuichi

Hajime's P.O.V.

I didn't know if I was actually surprised.
I mean, I *did* expect at least one of the people I teased the day before to confess, but I thought he was too awkward to do such a thing.

"And to whom?" I was running towards his home.

"Wait. Have we never talked about our crushes before? I forgot"

"No, pro-" I was at his front door.

"Are we not close enough? I feel kind of insulted"

"Oh my fucking God, just open the door. Now"

"Fine fine" he opened" don't be mad at me, I was just kidding.....the one I confessed to was Sonia"

"What?!" we made our way into his living room.

"You seem really confused" he giggled "do you think I am *that* stupid? I know you know I don't like her, but I needed to get something done, and I did, now I feel much better"

"Still, why her? Is it because of the whole 'I'm oh so in love with Princess Sonia' thing?"

"Yeah, kinda, but not only that. I owed her an explanation for these past few months and other things...anyways! Now I've talked to her so I solved pretty much the entire situation, and got her number, too"

He really seemed relieved, but I needed to figure out a way to help him end the real crush situation, I knew exactly how it feels to keep it inside for too much, and I wasn't gonna let him do that to himself.

Problem was, it would have been a problem if anyone found out about my 'expression reading', not only they would have thought of me as weird and creepy then leave me alone, or almost, but it would have ruined all the plans for my present and future.

But the worst thing for me would be if someone convinced me to use it as my Ultimate.
I wanted, and want, to be an Ultimate because I deserve it and trained for it, not because of random weird stuff I see.

What could I possibly do as a job if I become the Ultimate Oddstuff-seeing Weirdo? The cop?

No thanks.
I'd rather be no one at the lower grade of the less special office possible.
I don't like the idea of exposing myself too much.

"So I guess this means you don't have a crush on anyone right now, am I right?"

"That's not....what I said" he looked like he was half-ready to admit it to me, but not if I forced him out of his shell.

"What?"

"Uhm...I may tell you if you spill some tea first"

I sighed. Using my own crush for this kind of reasons wasn't a problem for me, but maybe he could have wanted to tell someone.

"Chiaki"

I waited for his answer, hearing nothing.
I glanced at him and he was definetely shocked.

"What about it?"

"Her? I thought that would have been too obvious and stereotypical but damn. Do you plan on confessing soon? You know I'm always here to help, right?"

"God, it's no big deal, and I told you just so you would do the same" I rolled my eyes.

".........it's the animal-loving weirdo"

"Do you have to insult him while admitting your lo-ove?" I joked.

"You dumb s-" he tried to hit me, but I moved away in time, thankfully.

"Missed me~"

Not gonna lie, he's fast.
And that's why he caught me and started beating the air betwenn us mimicking kung fu attacks.
I fell on the ground, pretty hard I gotta say, and he kind of wrapped his legs around my waist so I couldn't move.

"My my, how inappropriate" he tried to hit my face but I somehow dodged it " shouldn't you be doing this with another?"

"Stooooop" he whined, that only made me want to keep going though.

"Do you perhaps see me only as your mistress? Do you want to make use of my body to satisfy your des- mhngpf"

"Hah" he seemed satisfied for my silence.

"Can't you wait a little more to go this far?" I smirked, getting his hand out of my mouth.

He blushed and sat on the ground, back facing the wall, pouting.

"Are you that weak to teasing?"

"'m not" he mumbled.

"Sure sure" then I faced him directly" do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know" he sounded like a child, and I oh so desired to make fun of him, but somehow I managed to block my instincts and be nice.

"Come on, better out than in"

"I just....I don't feel like admitting it to him at all"

"It's called confessing, ouch" he had punched me again "but why do you not want to?"

"Do you?"

"You bitch! This ain't about me, don't try to change the subject or you're gonna get it..."

"You seem kinda fragile about your crush. Well, so am I, and I don-"

"It's already too late for me, but this doesn't mean you have to follow the same path! You do not have to ask him out, just make your feelings clear for the both of you and it will all be less confused"

"What do you know? You haven't tried yet"

"So you think Chiaki's my first crush? Sorry to break it to you, man, but I confessed, and got rejected, quite a few times"

"What the fuck. You shouldn't be proud of it dude"

"Meh, I always felt better afterwards, so my experience actually helped, did yours? Oh, right, you don't have any"

"Really? When will you become a decent person while helping me find a way out of this shit?"

"Uhm......nah thanks, I'm good"

"Being an ass?"

"Being a good friend"

"Who's an ass"

"Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night"

"Frick you"

"Love you too" I winked.

"How about we end this conversation and play some PS?"

"I love the idea"

"Good!"

"So, Gundham, huh?"

"But I j-"

"Is it because of the hamsters? Did you fall for them?"

"I swear I'm gonna unalive you"

{1017 words}

{published 22nd of November 2022}

<phew, just in time, now I will go to not sleep because I gotta farm for primos for my queen Ayaka rip. Hope you're having a great time existing, if you have anything to say, please comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts>