1•

"Honey, we need to go. It's a 3 hour drive." Mom said, standing by the door

"Okay, I'll be down in a sec" I told her

My mom just nods as she closes the door.

I closed the laptop and placed it in my bag along with my other tech stuff. I stood straight and released a sigh then walked my way downstairs.

"Ready, Mom" I said

"Okay, let's hit the road"

"Wait, where's Charlie?" I asked

"She's already in the car, Caleb" Mom said

I nod and walked out the door. As my mother said, my little sister is already in the car. I opened the trunk and put my remaining things then sat down inside.

Along the way my sister and my mom made small talks to ease the tension. It was clear to them that I was nervous.

"Caleb, are you going home for your birthday next week?" My sister asked

I faced her, "Do you want me to come home?" I asked my 12 year old sister

"Of course stupid! It's your 18th birthday"

"I'll try." I said as I winked at her

I picked up my phone and plugged in my headphones. The music helped eased my nervousness. Sadly it didn't last long, my mother removed the headphones.

"Mom," I said

"Caleb, you know how I feel about you listening music when we're here. It's like we're not here, at least turn on the station." Mom said while driving

"Fine." I sighed then turned on the radio station

I hate what they play in radio stations. I absolutely despise it. Well not all of them but those songs that meant nothing and sounded annoying. Ugh. Please stop.

We're here. Yup, we're here. We're really here. So this is my new home. It's packed.

"Honey, are you ready?" Mom asked

"Yeah, no"

"Come on Caleb. You can do this. You're Caleb Jeffreys." Charlie said

I smiled sweetly at her and nodded. We got out of the car to get my stuff.

I only have 3 bags with me. One backpack, one suitcase and one handbag.

Charlie was the first one to hug me.

"Good luck in university Caleb. I'll miss you. Be careful." She said

I kneeled down and hugged her back. "I'll miss you too stupid. Be good."

Then I stood up and hugged Mom.

"Oh my little Caleb," oh no. I feel liquid in the crook of my neck. "My princess now on her own. I'm so proud of my beautiful, independent daughter."

"Mom, please. Not here. Don't cry here. Mom. Stop now, Mom." I really need her not to cry here, I don't want to become some reality drama show in the streets.

"Okay, I'll stop now" she said, releasing me and wiping her tears. "Be mindful of what you do Caleb okay? Go to parties just be careful and don't do anything stupid and always drink your meds on time. Call us if anything happens. You don't have to do thi-"

"Mom I want to."I said

"You know this is dangerous for yo-" I cut her again,

"Mom! We already had this conversation. Besides we're already here."