CHAPTER IV

The images had been so vivid as he wished for it to be, but he knew his wife would never have such an experience as he had. He thought she would have a warm hug and a tight embrace. He didn't have those thoughts thinking about his wife. He thought about how happy she would be. And he had those thoughts because he knew his wife. He knew what kind of wife she was. And he knew his wife was the kind of woman who would be the first one to hug a man who had made her a gift and would want to hug him very hard. He knew she would be the type who would want to hug him. He knew she would hug him tightly because of how thrilled she would be. She would embrace him closely with a huge smile on her face.

He wished he had been able to see such an experience. He wished he could have seen his wife's reaction when she opened up his gift, the look on her face when she would be happy. He wished he could have been able to see love on his wife's face and a happy face on his wife when hugging him and the unique expression of content on his wife when she would take the gift he had made her and open up the gift to see her long-lost brother.

"You are the best man," she said and then gave him a warm hug. Davis hugged her tightly, hugging her briefly with a surprise look on his face. He thought he had made a mistake when making the gift, but he was glad he had made her a gift.

"This is beautiful," she said. She held it tightly.

"My mother made it," he said.

"I've seen it before," she said. "She makes such lovely pieces."

"It was a simple one," he said. "But it was big enough for you to wear."

"She made it for your sister too?" she asked.

"Yes," he said. "She made one for her too."

"I see," she said and then she looked at the flower. She was puzzled. "Is this…is that what it is?"

"Yes," he said. He felt relieved she looked confused because that meant he had made a proper gift for his wife.

"Oh my God," she said. Her mouth was wide open.

"What's wrong?" Davis asked.

"Is that…is it a rose?" she asked.

"Yes," he said. "She made this for you."

She looked at the flower thinking. She was still holding the flower in her hand.

"It is a beautiful flower."

"It was her favorite flower," he said.

"I wonder why she made this," she said.