Epilogue: College-Bound

June 30th, 2026

The dorms of Tokyo University were dead silent. Most of the student body had left for their student orientation. Although, there were a few students who were trying to tidy up their room at the last minute. One of those students was Takamine Momiji, Kureha's real-life identity.

"You sure you're okay?" her mother's voice asked over the phone.

"I'll be fine," Takamine said while straightening out her bedsheets.

"That's good. Just so you know, your father and I are proud that you've made it this far."

"That's good to hear."

Takamine pulled the bed sheets tightly and the white sheets didn't have a single fold on the surface. She got up from the bed and wiped the sweat off her face. Her roommate had already situated themself and was at the orientation. She looked at their desk and noticed the photo on top. She saw two people smiling together, one boy and one girl. The boy had a small smirk on his face while the girl was smiling from cheek to cheek.

"They must've been good friends," she thought while picking up the photo.

Takamine looked closer at the photo and noticed a faint connection to the boy in the photo. He looked familiar to her.

"It'd be great if you didn't mess with my belongings," someone blurted.

Takamine quickly placed the photo back onto the desk and turned around to the source of the voice. She saw a young adult with brown hair and brown eyes. She blushed slightly and apologized for the invasion of privacy. When Taka locked eyes with him once again, she felt a connection between him and her. A second later, a second person with black hair and brown eyes walked in. He noticed Takamine and the other person staring at each other and threw his hands up.

"I want no part in this," he said while walking out.

Taka's roommate turned his attention over his shoulder and saw his friend leave the room. He let out a sigh before turning back to Takamine. He wore a black T-shirt and cargo pants with black shoes.

"So what's your name?" he asked while walking over to his desk.

"Oh...Uh..." Takamine hesitated for a moment, "My name is Takamine Momiji."

The roommate paused for a moment when he heard her statement. He picked up the photo and turned to face her. He gave Takamine a familiar smile. A smile she has seen recently.

"I guess this is the circumstances on how we meet again," he said, "Good to see you in real life...Kureha."

Takamine instantly made the connection.

"Kaito?" she asked, "Is it really you?"

Kaito Sato, Takamine's childhood friend, is her roommate. She was blindsided by this revelation. Kaito was also surprised but all he did was smile. Takamine started to tear up slowly while Kaito stood there. Takamine had hoped for a fresh start with new friends and a new life, but fate had brought them together one last time.