Pt.1 Stay Toasty My Friends

The answering message played once again, the familiar sentence repeated inside his skull like a record. He could taste the words, taste the rejection and the denial. Tossing his phone across the room, he watched lazily at it sailed into the darkness. He didn't remember how many days had passed like this. Surrounded by darkness, the sounds of answering machine grating on his hearing time and time again.  But the worst part was, he couldn't even remember who called which home. 

Days had passed since it had happened. First it was a tickling wind by his ear, raising the hairs on the back of his neck as he wandered through his home. A whispered greeting as he fell asleep. But soon things escalated. Faces in the mirror, stronger voices attempting to converse with him. But that wasn't the worst of it. The worst of it was when the face became his own. A bit darker, the eyes as white as snow, the skin almost translucent, yet as grey as ashes. And soon he couldn't even tell the difference between the other voice and his own.

And then came the blackouts. Seconds, minutes, even hours would pass within a heartbeat, with no memory of the passing moments. Sometimes nothing would happen, other times it was as if a monster had ripped through his home. Destroying dishes and tearing clothes, leaving a mess that he no longer cared to clean up. But then the unthinkable was brought to his attention by the very thing that possessed him.

It was as if it was mocking him, taunting him with the fact he could do nothing to fight the demon inside him. It was left scrawled upon a spare sheet of paper, just barely eligible, even wearing his glasses. As his gaze passed over each sentence, his stomach dropped, and he felt the earth fall from beneath his feet. This possession was one thing, but what the creature was going to do was outrageous. The fact i even had the audacity to even conceive the idea sent paralyzing fear rushing down his spine.

'Dear Mark, you may have been wondering for days who I am. What I am. What I want, and I shall tell you. I am you. I am the evil you kept locked away, 'Dark' Mark, if you wish to name me, now free to play. But.. Whats the fun of playing by ourselves? That's why I am going to get some of 'our' friends. Then we shall play games, many many games...'

Mark wanted to fight the demon, but just like before,it was in vain. Suddenly, he began to laugh, a horridly twisted and distorted cackle, and he  immediately knew that it was not himself laughing, but him.

"About time you read that... Some things I left off though.. Like the fact that you're going to watch as I slowly kill all of your friends... But you won't be able to do a thing.. You see, during those blackouts, I found the perfect place to play our games.... Cops will only come to put out the blaze afterwards... Now come on, we don't want to be late for our flight..."

~~~~One week later~~~

"Come on in guys, so great to see you all again! I have lots of games set up for us to play this week!"

'Mark' greeted his guests with open arms and a large smile. But what none of them knew was that it wasn't the real Mark ushering them through that front door. Rather, it was the very demon that had taken over him weeks ago. But at this point, unless the demon purposely revealed itself, distinguishing between the two would be near impossible. 

"Awesome place man!"

Ryan commented, setting his bag next to Daniel's as he walked around, taking in the details. 

"Thanks! It was a steal, considering how large it is. Say Wade, where's Molly? I thought she was coming as well."

"Family thing. Her parents asked her to stay, and she felt obligated to help them out."

"Ah, I see. Oh well, we'll still be able to have lots of fun, right guys?"

"Totally!"

Bob responded from the washroom, and the others agreed happily. They then proceeded to prepare to film a little video, announcing to their fans that the gang was all there. Through many laughing fits and multiple retakes, the short skit was created, and with a few hours of editing, it was ready to be posted.