Ch.1 Candy Centres

Life is like a gobstopper, you have to pass through several layers to get to the centre. I've come to this conclusion, yet, I am still unsure of what the centre represents. I'm guessing I'll know once I reach it.

Chloe Short here, coming at-cha live from her own mind! Today marks a great day in Chlovers (my non-existent fandom's name) history!!! The one and simply only day of my birth!!! 15 years ago today, I was introduced to this horror of a world, and I lay here today, still unable to love my life. Its quite sad, really.

Skipping the usual casualties of my day, I go directly to my bus stop without anything more than a mumbled "goodbye" from my half-asleep dad. The wait for the bus is torturously long in the brisk November weather. Being the smart-aleck that I am, I decided that a thin layered Macy's leather jacket would be sufficient. Clearly, the snowy 24th of November is too cold for that!
Once the bus finally arrived, I calmly walked in, only to discover absolutely no open seats. Great, any anti-social, insecure teen's dream! Take notes kids, sarcasm was in-fact intended.

I stand there, momentarily conflicted. Where am I supposed to sit?
"Hey kid! Hurry up, would ya? I got other people to pick up!"

Well then, this couldn't be anymore awkward! In the left corner of my eye, I see someone, a girl with strawberry blonde hair, and sparkling blue eyes shift in her seat, calling me over to sit. Thank God for people like this!

"Don't be shy, come on o'er 'ere! The name's Scarlet, I haven't seen you 'round much, you new?"

Maybe this birthday will be less bitter than sweet. For the first time since Jace died, it was!
I blink away tears. For one day, I'll forget and try to make a friend, maybe things could get better. Maybe this Scarlet character will help me dissolve this bad-tasting layer of life's gobstopper, so I can be one step closer to the sweet sugary centre. Just maybe this was the start of something beautiful.