leaving (15)

grace spent the next week faking passports and preparing for there journey. luckily devon was found. he had been kept a private slave. grace and devons reunion was a tearful one for grace. she loved devon so much. he had been the only constant for years. he was the only original mmember of her friend group. it had been grace devon aspen and gem against the world. remembering this only made her cry. memories poured through her mind and turned to tears at her eyes. devon was a wreck. he was skinny as a board and pale as a rake and it was if a small breeze would knock him over. hardly a muscle lay on his body. his body showed the evils of this war. grace had to get away. after a few hours of hilda amy devon and grace talking something happened. devon all this stuffs been making me realise i love you said hilda. well theres a surpise joked grace. devon didnt respond. he leant forward and kissed hilda. hilda began to cry. it feels really akward now being the only single one of the friend group joked amy. the converation continued. it was nice spending a night all togethor not away from war but in peace. the others went to bed but grace stayed awake. she left their room and went to a small lounge in the tree. it was warm and the type of place she expected to see an old friend. and her prediction came true as she saw aspen sitting there with a girl on a couch. hey leah can you maybe go for a sec i gotta talk to someone said aspen to the girl. oh sure il go to the toilet said the girl. she walked off. well we meet again said aspen. we certainly do said grace bitterly. hows kade asked aspen meanly. theyre gone answered grace. thought so after all no one could be around you without hating you commented aspen. oh really cos devons still around and hes not mad bragged grace in a bitter response. hes ok asked aspen. aspen cared about devon at least. he and hilda are doing good togethor gloated grace. why are you even telling me this asked aspen. me and arthur leave tomorow for america said grace. YOU AND HIM shouted aspen. yes said grace. THAT COCKY BUGGAR CHEATED ON YOU screamed aspen. he treated me better then you ever could shouted grace. OH FUCK OFF screamed aspen. whats all this about asked aspens girlfriend walking in. your asshole of a partner dosent want me to be happy answered grace. is that true asked leah. not only that but she loves me not you slag shouted grace. grace left but before she left she heard leah screaming at aspen. grace felt on cloud nine. she went to bed so happy and excited for her new life. she woke early and got dressed and packed all her things. she went down to the front of the tree with arthur and hilda. they boarded a small carrige and rode to the city. they exited and were teleported to diagon alley. they stopped for lunch and got time to talk. im glad your gonna be happy but im worried about you said hilda. we'll be fine responded arthur. i hope you guys at least vistit me joked hilda. how about you visit us asked grace jokingly. we'll see how we go said hilda. after that they took a taxi to the airport. just before arthur and grace boarded they hugged hilda goodbye. grace was in tears. she ran to the bathroom to was her face and try to compose herself. she heard the door slam shut. the vent above her rattled. suddenly it feel off and merula dropped down. so your leaving asked merula. yes and you cant stop me replied grace as honestly as she could. im not going to stop you i just want to say goodbye murmered merula. when i leave dont follow me asked grace. merula knodded and shot into the vent. grace went through and hugged merula. she handed over all her magical items to hilda. arthur did the same. they boarded the jet and sat down togethor. do you think this is the right decision asked grace. magics a dangerous thing you said it yourself responded arthur. the plan left england and flew across the atlantic. all graces loose ends were tied up. she had the love of her life. hilda had devon. all the world it seemed was right for now at least. over the coming years grace and arthur finished high school in a muggle school. they were happy. hilda and devon stayed in the tree and sorounding forests. amy left to travel the magical worlds. aspen left the tree and dissapeared from her old friends. darius stayed in america for years after. the dark city remained in its state of struggle. food eventually ran out and the inhabitants turned to cannibalism. the magical world moved on without grace and arthur. but grace and arthur were happy.