Chapter 5 - Karaoke Night

Alright so luckily I had this chapter finished like a month ago or so, so I'm able to post this before I go on my short hiatus.

I'm going to be going on a short hiatus because I've been really into doing my Denki angst story at the moment, and it's hard managing 2 stories at once with an already packed life. But I love Xiaoven a ton so I'm not going to discontinue this. I'll come back to this story whenever I have the time. Spring break is also real close so I'll try to take that chance to work on both stories.

Onto the story now

Xiao POV

I walked into Mr. Albedo's class a second before the bell rang. I took my seat, and he explained what we were going to be doing for the day. We were going to do a lab with assigned partners, and my partner just so happened to be tall dude. "Oh looks like this is fate," the tall dude snarled. "Oh look, it's that guy that got his balls kicked by a 'kid'" I replied. That seemed to have pissed him off because he eyes looked like he was about to kill someone.

"What did you just say to me," he said as gritted his teeth.

"I said-"

"Shut up! You know that's not what I mean!" He yelled back.

"Well I was just answering your question," I said as I crossed my arms.

"You-"

"Calm down both of you," Mr. Albedo said as he walked over to us. "Instead of bickering, you guys could perhaps work on your assignment." Albedo added. I sighed knowing that there was no point trying to argue with him. A lot of people are surprised that Mr. Albedo is a teacher because in reality he is actually the age of some of the people in this school. He is 18 and already a teacher because of how smart he was. That being said he knows to to deal with these type of situations, so you shouldn't try to argue with him.

We decided to make a truce just so we wouldn't get in trouble, and decided to work on the lab. After class finished, I left without looking back. Soon enough lunchtime arrived, so I went to go sit at our table. "Hey," I spoke up as I approached the lunch table.

"Oh hello Xiao, it's been a while!" I immediately recognize that voice as Yanfei.

"Oh hey Yanfei, how'd the court case go?" I asked. Yanfei wasn't able to come to school the full day for a while because she had been helped her parents with court cases. After all her dream job was to be a lawyer so she tried to help out any chance she got.

"It was amazing, we got the innocent to win! Although some parts of it were annoying.." she replied.

"Oh, okay," just as I finished talking Hu Tao comes up to us and jumps onto Yanfei.

"Yanfei! I'm so glad you are back!" she practically yells out.

"Me too Tao," she replies with affection in her eyes. It almost seems like they were about to kiss before someone interrupted them before I could interfere. I honestly don't get what the joy is in all that lovey dovey stuff.

"I want the tea!" Xiangling yells as she runs up to our table interrupting Hu Tao and Yanfei. She quickly sees what would of happened and frantically yells out. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys!"

"It's fine Xiangling besides, we are in a crowded area. It wouldn't be smart to do this in front of so many people." Yanfei reassures her.

"Oh that's good, anyways Hu Tao! Tea. Now." She asks with pure curiosity in her eyes. Wait hold up a minute, frick she doesn't mean...

"Wait, what tea?" I ask with a stern look. Apparently Xiangling didn't know of my presence because when I spoke she jumped back.

"Xiao! What the heck, tell me if you're here! You almost have me a heart attack!" She yelled out.