5|| Combat Training (pt 1)

- - -

(quick bonus artwork cos of late update:) ^^)

---------

The start of the second day at UA was incredibly boring for Killua. English, math, and other normal school subjects were way too easy. The only slightly challenging subject was history. Since Killua wasn't from this world, he had no clue about their history. But he's a quick learner.

The day went by slowly, as he waited for an entertaining subject. Sadly, it never came, but instead lunch arrived. He decided to wander off, as he wasn't very hungry. "Wonder if I can get coffee from the teachers lounge again..." He trailed off in his thoughts, bumping into somebody. He shook out of his mind, coming back to reality.

"Watch where you're going, asshole." A purple haired kid with big eye bags spat. "He reminds me of Aizawa..." Killua stood there. "Well? Are you gonna apologize?"

"Why should I? You bumped into me too, dickwad." He rolled his eyes, walking past. "Are you in the hero course?" He heard the same voice from behind. He turned back around. 

"Yeah, why?" He loosened his shirt, scratching his collarbone. "You think you're better than the other courses, huh? Just because you're in the hero course?" Killua paused for a second, then a confused look popped up on his face. "There are other courses?"

Shinso Hitoshi couldn't stand it. "Is he looking down on me?" He thought, anger bubbling up inside him. "You can't pretend that y-!" But before he could finish, he cut himself off. He realized Killua did seem genuinely confused. "How can he not know?

"You have to know. When you sign up for entrance exams it shows every course. Hero, Support, General and Business." Shinso stood there with his head cocked to the side.

"I was recommended or something." Killua put his hands in his pockets as Shinso's eyes widened. "A recommendation student...". "Bye." He tried to turn back around but purple hair grabbed his sleeve. "What's your name?" He asked. He had planned to use his quirk, to show he wasn't below him, but it turned a different direction than he expected. "Killua. What's it to you?" He responded.

First of all, Shinso was creeped out by his name. "Like 'killer'?", He thought. But then, as he tried to ignore it, he realized his quirk wasn't working. "...Huh?" He looked at Killua's eyes and face, which were still responsive. "What..?" Killua asked in a monotone voice. "My quirk... didn't work on you." Killua blinked. "You tried to use your fucking quirk on me?" He still wasn't adjusted to using the strange word for powers. 

"It's Brainwashing... it's supposed to shut off an area of your brain when you answer one of my questions. Why? Why didn't it work?" He started panicking. Killua thought for a few seconds.

"Maybe it's because my brain isn't wired the same as the people in this world. Maybe his quirk is designed for the specific brain wiring of this dimension." After coming to his conclusion, he shrugged. "Dunno. See ya asshole." He started walking away in the midst of Shinso's internal panic. But before he could take another step, he heard footsteps rapidly approaching.