Flowers

Takamori Hanahaki au, no happy ending and just angst, SameTori.
Also the beginning is a flashback.

~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~

"Remember Calliope, Only three things can kill a reaper." Death-sensei says as I sit and listen to him.

"Another reaper, me, and a disease named Hanahaki." He says and I stare at him in confusion.

"Sir, if I may ask, what is 'Hanahaki'?" I ask and he sighs sadly.

"Hanahaki, my dear child, is a terrible sickness that starts with one sided love. The story goes that a God fell in love with a human, unfortunately that human loved someone else and would reject the God. They became furious at the fact a that mere human had rejected them, they knew that the person the human loved didn't love them back, he cursed everyone with a sickness that would grow flowers in your lungs, you would cough out blood and petals and if you didn't get rid of them you would suffocate to death, the human ended up dying in the end because the person they loved never returned their feelings, sadly for the God that plan backfired since he also cursed gods with the disease, this is the only thing that can kill gods and reapers. Phonexies of course would die too, but would come back since they were blessed my the God of life." He says and I nod, my eyes wide at they revelation.

"So please Calliope, be careful. Ah one more thing if a person has Hanahaki they will cough out the favorite flower of the person they love, in that person's favorite color." He finishes and I nod my head.

"Yes sensei, I will be very careful." I say and turn to leave when he finally dismisses me.

"Alright time to start." I think and summon my scythe open a portal to start doing my job.

Back to the present

   I lay on my bed feeling as my breath become more shallow. My coughs grew louder, yet no one heard me. The videos of Gura and Kiara kept playing in my mind causing the purple tulip petals to fall out. I could feel my time was running out so I decided to do the last thing I could. I blow a whistle and a black bird appears in my room.

"Tell Sensei that I'm sorry..." I say and cough, the bird looks at me with sadness present on it's face.

"Just.....go please." I say and the bird turns and leave.

"Thank you." I say and the bird disappears, I grab my phone as I feel the flowers start to come out of my mouth.

Calli: Hey everyone, I just want to say. Thank you and Goodbye.

I send the message to our discord and feel my phone vibrate but I didn't have the strength to even check, I hear it ring and yet all I could do was close my eyes and vomit the flower that was stuck in my throat. I feel all of my breath disappear and yet I was not scared. I felt the blood trickle from my mouth and down my throat. I took my last breath and the last thing I heard was frantic knocking at my door.

"CALLI, OPEN THE DOOR!" I hear Kiara's voice and I smile.

"I love you Kiara." I say and finally close my eyes.

Have some angst to start your year. I have been working on this and another one that should be posted soon. The only reason why I'm posting this is because I already had it draft and if I didn't finish it then I would be bothered for a while.