(prologue) Is this really just a game?

Nike "the player" pov

huh?

where... am I?

The last thing I remembered was putting on the device.

I try to move my arm but there was nothing.

so I try to speak.

"Hello?"

A wave of sound followed my voice but there was just a deafening silence...

What am I suppose to do now... I can't feel any of my body part. I just exist.

...

after sometime of thinking of what happened, I hear a faint voice.

"Where am I?"

I quickly look over the voice's direction and saw a guy that have a dark blue hair and light brown eyes in a stary armour with a dark blue cape appeared. His appearance remind me of the character I just finished creating.

He looks so confuse. Well me too.

"I don't know." I reply.

He jerk his body toward my direction.

"Who are you?" He ask.

"My name is Nike. Nice to meet you."

"We have the same name huh... By the way, where are we and why are you here? I was in a throne room before I got a bad headache and collapses. This is the first time in a long time that I fainted like that."

"I don't know either, I was testing my machine for the first time before I got here." I gave him a subtle answer.

"Machine? What... kind of Machine?"

Oh, he noticed.

"Well... let's just say that I want to travel into the other world without moving. How about that?"

his brown eyes goes wide.

"So this is your first ever result after creating such machine?"

"Yup, pretty much. I don't know how to get this thing out from here so I probably need to depends on someone outside to let me out."

"This machine sounds dangerous..."

"It is a revolutionary machine after all!"

"Even so... I know you're young from your voice so you need to prioritise safety next time, okay?"

Wow, He's so caring! I know I create him to be a hero but he really put my safety over him even in this unknown circumstance.

"Will do, brother!" My voice vibrate over the horizon as he just smile at me.

after I said that, I slowly float toward him and touched him. I don't know with what I'm touching him with but the surrounding become brighter and soon turned into blinding light.

...

I opened my eyes and saw an unusual high ceiling.

wait...

but I saw this ceiling often.... so why is it feels off somehow...?

ugh... my ears is... ringing...

--------
--------
--------

MAKE IT STOP!!

"NIKE!!" I look up and saw a guy shout at me while holding both of my hand off my head and the ringing stop. Oh, I try to pulled my hair off just now. The headache was excruciating but it suddenly went away like it never there.