Chapter 2

Hagrid let out a howl of misery and fell to his knees, his whiskery chin trembling.

Harry saw an opportunity to escape and rolled out of Hagrid's arms, swiftly pulling his invisibility cloak over his head. He knew that he should probably run into the crowd of students and teachers on the other side of the grounds, but he crawled forwards to Ron's motionless body and lowered the cloak ever so slightly, so that only Ron could catch sight of him.

"Harry?" Ron croaked, his skin deathly pale. "But you're . . ." Ron coughed, and blood trickled out of his mouth. "You're. . ."

"Shut up," Harry hissed in his ear. "I'm hiding."

"Dammit, Harry," Ron mumbled, clutching his stomach. "I'm about to die and all you have to say is shut up?"

"You're not going to die," Harry growled, taking Ron's clammy hand in his. "You're going to be fine."

Ron snorted disbelievingly.

Harry fell silent, hating that Ron was right, but he wasn't about to sit back and watch his friend as life left his eyes.

"You're going. . . to . . .be . . .fine," Harry gritted out, as he dragged Ron to the side of the grounds, away from the two crowds.

Harry's eyes burned as Ron let out a moan and gestured for Harry to come closer.

"Kill him for me, Harry, will you?" Ron whispered, his blood-soaked hands gripping Harry's shoulders.

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded, wiping his eyes roughly.

"That was the plan, wasn't it?"

*tysm for reading <3. Sorry if I scarred you for life*