•tape forty-six•

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit!"

I gasp dramatically. "Guys, look, it's our best friends!"

"Ah!" Bucky says. "How'd you find us now?"

The four of us walk up the street as Walker and Lemar come down stairs towards us.

"Come on, man," Lemar says. "You really think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"No, I think that was just the bionic superhuman's death stare," I say. Bucky hums.

"No more keeping us in the dark," Walker says. Sam and I share a look. "You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did it himself, technically," Bucky says as we stop walking.

"This better be an unbelievable explana—"

Sam pushes Walker back as he raises his voice. "Hey, take it easy before it gets weird."

I see a couple kids videoing us, so I turn to them and fake smile, waving. Then I turn back to Walker and let my face drop.

"I know where Karli is," Zemo says, moving past us while we stand in front of him. He goes to walk away, so Bucky and I walk with him.

Walker puts his hands on Zemo's chest. "Well, where?" he asks.

"All we know is, it's a memorial," Sam says. "So we're gonna intercept her there."

"That means civilians," Lemar says as Zemo starts walking and we all follow after him. "Higher risk of casualties."

"All right. Good," Walker says. "We'll move in fast. Take her by surprise."

"I hope you aren't including us in that," I say to him. "Because you're not gonna do shit. Leave it to the people that have actually gone through this shit before."

"Oh, you've gone through this before?" he asks like I'm delusional.

I stop and turn to him, going to grab a knife and scare him with it. Bucky grabs my arm and moves me backwards. "People are filming," he mumbles into my ear. "That'll just make it all worse."

I huff and walk after Zemo again. Bucky sends a glare back to Walker as he walks next to me.

"I wanna talk to her alone," Sam says.

"I'm not losing her again," Walker says.

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable," Sam says. "If there's any time to reason with her, is now."

"What?" Walker says, walking around Bucky and me. "No, wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop! Okay?" Him and Lemar step in front of us so that we stop walking. "I think we're way past reasoning with her."

"She's a kid," I say. "She's just a girl who's fighting for what she believes in. She may not be doing it in the right way, but she's not a horrible person."

"Did you forget that she blew up a building with people still in it?"

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I ask him.

"Look, Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you, man," Lemar says.

"And if I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die," Sam says.

"Are you guys gonna let him do this?" Walker asks, pointing to Bucky and me. "Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

I point to Bucky and furrow my brows. "He's a...Super Soldier. Were you dropped on the head as a child, Walmart?"

"He's dealt with worse," Bucky says, stopping Walker from replying to me. "And he's her partner, not mine."