10 Love them with all your heart

Carina's pov

I opened the door and Jessica was standing there with one of those bags lawyers always carry with them. She was wearing a pink suit and her hair was blonde, straight and loose on her shoulders. She had a smile on her face as yesterday; I didn't know the strength it took for her to smile even when talking about serious topics such as the girls.

"Hello Doctor DeLuca Bishop, is nice to see you again in a better and calm environment such as your lovely house, the girls must love spending here some time". She seemed positive about us, maybe seeing the girls happy changed her opinion on us, or maybe she was preparing us for a saddest new.

"Nice to see you again, Miss?" I said shaking her hand.

"Edwards, but Jessica is totally fine"

"Please come in, I can't wait to talk about the girls" I moved away from the door. "If you'd like to sit we can choose between the kitchen or the living room, or you tell me what's better for our talk" I was trying to meet her mood hiding my anxiety behind my voice.

"The kitchen will be fine, I'll have to show you some papers so I'll need somewhere to lay them" she said happily. "Where is your wife Dr Deluca? And where are Cora and Lisa?"

"Oh, they are just in our bedroom hanging out. We just got dressed and we were cuddling them a little" I smiled. "It's so nice to know they are safe now, and we thought that maybe showing them our routine was going to be healthy for their mental and physical health. We are used to have such sweet moments between us, and now that they are here, we couldn't wait"

Finally having children after the painful and hard trying, was healthy also for us.

"Well that's good, I love when families don't have a problem with showing children affection as soon as they take them home, that's lovely of yours. How was the first night and morning with them, I'd like you to describe what you did or how you, and them of course, handled it"

I didn't know if I should have lied and told her that everything went fine or tell her the truth. I knew those girls were really honest and if Jessica asked them what they morning looked like they would have told the truth. There was no point in lying, truth was the best option.

"Well last night went pretty well: It took a while for us to get them in the car and to go home; Maya stopped to buy them some stuffed animals, you know as comfort items". The memory made me smile, I know it was just yesterday, but it would have been in my mind forever. My dear wife, who was worrying about not being a good mom, was now the sweetest parent in the world.

"Once home they looked around for a while, Maya was already worrying about their well-being. One of my friend lent me some clothes for them, so we didn't have to worry about it until today; we showed them, washed their hair and helped them in some comfortable and clean clothes. Dinner was a bit of a challenge, but they ate some pasta and went to bed". I was about to confess the little issue we had, when...

"Actually there is a thing I didn't know before looking at Cora's medical chart" Jessica interrupted me

"Well, unfortunately we discovered the hard way" I said stopping her. "Cora woke up with a stomach ache and she was a little bit scared to call us, she told what her father would do to her if she ever woke him up. But luckily she didn't eat that much the evening before so it was under control, we kept her in our bed and she woke up this morning just fine"

"Well, I'm happy she found you and Captain Bishop, not all the foster families are welcoming and kind as you are" she replied. "What about Lisa?"

"She is an Angel, she complained a little bit about the cast but it's understandable. She ate yesterday and today with no problems and she slept through the night... it seems like Cora is the one who is suffering the most"