Chapter Five: Red Eyes And Ramen

Carter P.O.V

I was currently watching Tyler Oakley; the internet queen. He always seems to make me feel better when I'm upset. My video pauses automatically when a request for a video chat popped onto my screen. It was from none other than Stiles Stilinski.

With much hesitation, I placed my hand on the cool mouse, navigating it over to the 'accept' button.

His nervous face appeared on the screen. "Hey . . ."

"Hi." I gave him a curt nod. "You better have a good excuse for interrupting my YouTube time."

What? You never intrude on a girl's internet time!

He chuckled dryly, not saying anything.

"So, where's Dakota?" I asked bitterly. Putting on some more fake eyelashes?"

"Actually, about her," Stiles sighed, not seeming to upset over what he was about to tell me. "She used me to get to Scott . . . She likes him, not me."

"I knew that there was something up with her." I muttered, earning a confused look from the boy.

"I'm actually kind of . . . Relieved, that she doesn't like me."

Tediously, I looked down at my short and plain nails. I was getting bored and just wanted him to get to the point already.

"Because that way," He took a deep breath. "I'll get to confess my feelings to the only girl I've ever truly liked."

My heart pounded fast like a drum against my chest as my head involuntarily shot up to meet his gaze. I swiveled around in my chair to make sure that I was the only one in the room, and not some gorgeous model. When I looked back at him, he was smiling widely, making a smile creep onto my face as well.

"It's you, Carter. I've loved you since we were little kids."

I was about to answer back, when I felt something in the back of my skull. It was as if a little person was in my brain and pushed some type of button. And whatever type of button it could have been, it definitely put my into some trance-like state. My whole body felt like mush that was being sucked into a vacuum.

I shot up from my bed quietly, breathing heavily. The neon green numbers on my clock beside me read five forty-three.

That was a damn dream. I should've known that it was too good to be true.

The growling sensation in my stomach was a sign that it needed to be replenished with food. So, I lazily got out of my bed and made my way downstairs, into the kitchen. The house is probably all mine for the night, due to my mom's work schedule and Scott being on his double date. Wow, I can't wait to see how that turns out.

I searched cupboard to cupboard, until I found a pack of Ramen. I reached up to grab it, when something startled me, as I froze in place. It was easily seen through the window right in front of me.

Two glowing red eyes.

++++++++++