2. Who is the father? *edited*

Once inside the house I was stunned for a moment. It looked just like it did five years ago, nothing changed not one single thing. It even still had the same little scratch on the door, that you only saw when you closed it. 

Everything felt like home here and a flood of memories washed over me instantly.

"Hope you still know where everything is because I have to get the chicken out of the oven or it will be all dry and we don't want that" Ava hollered over her shoulder already walking to the kitchen. 

"Yes I remember" I hollered back smiling to myself for a moment. 

I took off my jacket and shoes and helped James take his of too. "Okay Jamie I'm going to help Ava in the kitchen if you want to you can go in the living room and just relax in the meantime yeah?" 

"Okay mommy. Where is the living room?" "Just make a left straight ahead okay sweetheart?" "Mhm" he mumbled and left.

~~~~~~~~

I stood in the kitchen with Ava cutting some vegetables when she interrupted the silence "I don't want to pry, I know we haven't seen each other in years but is it to bold of me to ask you who James' father is? I mean I suspect who it is but I'd like to hear it from you." 

I sighed and rubbed a hand over my face. I had a feeling she'd instantly know but a small part of myself was hoping she wouldn't mention it. 

I decided to just come clean because she was still my best friend that I could always trust and lean on in times of need. 

'but when I needed her all those years ago she wasn't there. No stop that's in the past let it go.' 

Ava waving her hand in my face snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hello earth to y/n are you planning on telling me who the father is or just staring intently at the chicken for the rest of the day?" She said in a joking yet serious manner. "Oh right sorry" I chuckled nervously "it's just I've never told anyone before" 

"So the father doesn't even know he has a five year old son?" Ava asked baffled.

"No he doesn't I know." I sighed. " I should have told him but I was stupid, young and afraid and we had just broken up so I just overall felt really crappy" I went on but stopped when I noticed what I had just said.

 My eyes widened and my face turned red. I looked at Ava for a reaction but she didn't look remotely shocked at what I had just blurted out.

But then all of the sudden she shouted a little too loud "Thomas is the father?!" 

"Well yeah of course he is, just don't talk to loud I don't want the whole of London knowing that the 'famous' Thomas Brodie-Sangster has a son he doesn't even know about." I held her mouth shut with my hand.

She mumbled something but I couldn't hear it so I removed my hand "what?" I said wanting to know what she had mumbled against my hand.

 "I said I guess it wasn't a good idea then to invite him here today" my eyes almost bulged out of my head and I whisper-yelled "he's here?!" 

"Yes" Ava answered sheepishly "with his new girlfriend."

For some reason that last sentence really hit me hard, I never really thought about the fact that he had moved on with his life and would love someone else because as much as I hated to admit I still loved him, very much. I realised not long after I had left and went back to Germany.

 I missed everything about him his hair, his long lanky build, his beautiful chocolate brown eyes, that were so intense when you looked into them, his stupid adorable smile and face in general.

But most of all I missed him.

 His personality the way he always made sure you were safe and taken care of, the way you could talk and laugh with him for hours.

 There was just so much I missed about him but now after hearing the words Ava had told me I was just so stunned to even think properly. 

While trapped in my whirlwind of thoughts I didn't notice somebody walk into the kitchen and start talking to Ava.