chapter 4

School ended as quickly as it started with a mere 19 hours, and 1 minute passing times between classes. Kayson was distraught, the entire time he sobbed in the back of his class... Not even a sad dramatic, B&W moment, it was just fucking nasty. Snot running down his nose and everything, red swollen eyes. Even the teachers themselves actually quit their job right after that class period.
But Kayson's heart was broken.... Why would Emmanuel ignore him?!?!?! Were they not destined to be together? He couldn't accept this. As the last period ended, everyone raced out of the halls and went home to their perfectly normal unimportant lives— Kayson could go home yet though. His heart still ached, and he knew that Mr Mime Father was too emotionally unavailable to comfort him. As always... Kayson lived his life like a lone wolf, nobody understood him. Everyone was out to hurt him... Kayson knew better, kayson knew how to cope with his feelings... It was with SUBWAY.

The journey to SUBWAY was miles long, through harsh amazon forests and a risky trip past several Macy's stores; Kayson nearly didn't make it there! However he endured, the frontside of the restaurant was so beautiful... The shining neon green and piss yellow colors brought him to tears once again. The employees inside wondered why some emo stood outside the restaurant sobbing, but they couldn't care less about some crying bitch during their minimum wage job. The doors to the restaurant flew open, and the bell rang a melodious tone to Kayson's ears.

"Subway... I'm here to order several sandwiches to cope with my feelings..."

Kayson spoke quietly, though loud enough for the other people eating to hear. Everyone gave him an odd look, and a mother clutched her purse and left with her kids promptly after that. Kayson walked up to the order counter, his mouth practically drooling over the pictures of the sandwiches on the board. With his thumbs twiddling, he looked up at the employee.

"Uh... Uhm.... Can.... Can I...... Can I..... H-h-have the......"

His words practically spilling out, the employee watched this sad scene with a stone face before throwing down their hat and leaving the store as well. Kayson stood there dumbfounded, not noticing that another employee had took the other's place. Their sudden voice rang bells in his mind, this voice.... He knew this voice! It was emmanuel!! OMG

"What can I get you today..."

"E—Emmanuel?! Is that you!!! Oh my god... hi...."

Emmanuel recognized Kayson as well, his expression turning into one of pure distain. He tried to ask for their order once again, but Kayson continued to try to make small talk with him; The line behind Kayson was quickly adding up. Emmanuel sighed, and looked towards an ominous looking door behind the counter, it was labeled 'MANAGER'.
Even just by glancing at the powerful aura of the door, the manager already knew what was wrong.. The door flew open, a cloud of dark mist and strobe lights illuminated a small figure, with peculiar hair. Kayson felt his stomach drop.. This was.. Mr Mime Father?! The funky figure of Mr Mime stepped out of the office, he looked over at the line of people and then at Kayson. His expression was shocked, but was quick to turn angry. "KAYSON??" His voice boomed like a megaphone, Kayson began tearing up once again.

Mr Mime Father was so angry, he hopped onto the counter and ripped the cash register out from his place and barreled it towards the glass door. The people eating were panicked and began to pile outside to their cars immediately. Emmanuel watched his boss practically begin destroying the entire restaurant, his expression still flat and emotionless.
"D—Dad!! Stop!! You're sc-scaring me," Kayson yelped, but was inevitable as Mr Mime Father continued destroying the restaurant. Mr Mime Father's eyes started glowing red, his head snapped in the direction of Kayson. He hopped onto one of the broken dining tables with his short lanky legs and pointed at Kayson, he was practically fuming with anger.

"KAYSON! YOU RUINED MY FIRST DAY AT WORK...EMMANUEL IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU.. GET OUT!"

"B—But.. My honey maple Turkey, honey mustard, mayo, lettuce, pickles, onions, salt, pepper, and oregano sandwich...?!" Kayson was panicked, fearing that he wouldn't get his sandwich; However Mr Mime Father wasnt willing to wait for Kayson's order to be complete. He was pushed out of the restaurant by Mr Mime Father... Kayson sat outside the SUBWAY defeated, his head hung low and tears began welling up once again. Emmanuel-Kun... And now, Mr Mime Father hated him. What was he going to do now? How would any of this ever be solved?! Kayson couldn't even comprehend a single logical thought in his mind, all he could do was sob and wail outside of the restaurant.