1. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭

"𝑇𝑖𝑙 𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛?" - 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑒 𝑆𝑎𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑆𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑠

︵‿୨♡୧‿︵

After a cold and exhausting morning carrying boxes, Violet arrived at the corner of her new house, the smell of pizza invaded her nostrils, she was hungry! She approached the entrance to the building, saw the elevator open, and hurried on, a young man upheld the door before it closed. "Thanks!" Violet said, smiling with an expression of relief, the boy just smiled, a little shy. There was silence for a few seconds when her phone start to ring, she was juggling trying to get in her pocket without dropping the pizza box, while he was looking up and had his arms crossed, "Do you want some help?" said the boy, a little embarrassed. Violet turned her eyes to him, "Oh! Yes! Thanks..." He took the box and she picked up the phone, "Hey girl, I'll call you in a minute, I'm in the elevator and my phone is dying." He was passing the pizza to her again when a bang caused the lights to turn off and the elevator to stop. "Oh! That's great..." Violet said, "I think it must have been something outside the building..." said the boy, "I'll set the alarm, someone will get us out of here." He nodded as Violet pressed the button, the noise was faint. "By the way, I am Violet." She laughed weakly, "Peter... Parker," he said, with a friendly half-smile. Violet smiled and snapped, "Do you mind if I sit down? My legs are gone." He shook his head and said smiling a little shyly "Not at all, I think I'll do the same."

The two spent a few minutes sitting and waiting when another noise caught their attention... but this time it came from Violet, her stomach begging for food. "Oh my God... I'll have to do this..." she opened the pizza box and the smell spread through the air, Peter smile, what a funny girl! It was a quiet morning in New York, he hadn't done much until that moment, but his mind was agitated, as a hero, being stuck in an elevator due to a blackout was a bit disheartening. Violet offered pizza to Peter, who at first thanked and declined, but after nearly 40 minutes of waiting, he decided to accept it, he was getting hungry too. "So..." Violet said as she gulped down a bite of her cheese pizza, "... have you lived here for a long time?" Peter thought for a moment as he chewed, "I think... a year and a few months and you?", Violet laughed, Peter laughed confused, "What?", "Well, it's been exactly..." Violet looked at her cell phone screen looking at the time, "...exactly six and a half hours. Counting, of course, with the time I spent on the elevator." Peter looked surprised and a little embarrassed.

"Oh... I'm sorry! Well, then, welcome! You would like to live here... it is... calm, I think..." They both laughed, "I think I'll call the 91, it's taking too long!" said Violet taking her phone and passing the box to Peter, the two were still sitting on the floor, Peter eats the last piece of his pizza. "Hi! I need help, it's been almost an hour since I've been stuck in the elevator in my building, we've already triggered the alarm, but no one has arrived..." Violet said Peter listened intently, "you are claustrophobic?" Violet asked in a lower tone, Peter shook his head, "no, no one is claustrophobic...no we're not elderly... I'm not pregnant... no elderly too... 40 more minutes? No... it's okay... we'll wait, thank you!" Violet looked at Peter with an air of disappointment and said, "We'll have to stay here a little longer... it looks like the blackout has been all over the town, has it a lot of emergencies going on and we're not a priority...", Peter felt like he could be out there helping with the emergencies, so he grabbed another piece of pizza. Peter cleared his throat and asked to break the ice "...are you from New York, Violet?" She nodded, "I was born in New  York City, but my family is from Hoboken. So, I passed my whole life living there.", "Oh, nice! New Jersey!" said Peter, "Yeah! I went to NYU... so I have to move closer, it's nice to start a new chapter...", said Violet smiling as she looks at her hands. "NY? Wow, congrats!!! That's awesome... my friends...", he hesitated a little, it was hard to him take off MJ and Ned from his thoughts... but he completed, "... my friends went to the MIT... would be nice to be accepted to the college that you dreamed about..." Violet smiled, she found Peter's reaction adorable, "Whaaaat!? MIT? They're a kind of genius or something? THIS is awesome!" Peter laughed, he never thinks about them as a genius, but he realized they are something like that. "But... what about you, Peter Parker..." He trembled for a moment, even he knew that nobody knows about him, "...what did you do?" Violet said, "well... at the moment, I take some pics for the Daily Bugle... nothing... special, I think." Violet gave him a funny look, "Common... nothing special? Do you know how hard it is to get a job today?" Peter smiled; it had been a while since Peter felt so excited.

The days were better than a year ago, but even so, he missed someone to have random conversations and laugh little, he tried to chat with people on the internet, tried to enter on Instagram again, but it wasn't the same thing, being the Spider-Man, it took up pretty much all his time, there was no space to be Peter Parker. Violet smiles back and then the lights come on and the elevator starts working, they both get up a little awkwardly, they pulled out to the same floor, Violet takes the pizza box with her, and they follow in the same direction. "I've been out all morning...is your place this way?" Peter asked, "Yeah, this one, next to 11." Violet said, pulling her keys out of her coat pocket, "No way!!! I'm the 11!!!" they both laughed, Violet looked back at Peter after opening the door, "Well...so I think I'll see you soon...?", Peter trembled a little, she wanna see him again? Or she's just being nice? Anyways... "Yeah! Of course...", "...and... thanks for the pizza!" She looked at him and close the door smiling, what a nice guy, she thinks. As she closes the door Peter was smiling, still a little nostalgic for mentioning Ned and MJ in conversation with Violet, Peter felt awkward... he opened the door and for a second, he forgot he was the Spider-Man, Violet brought up some old Peter, dreamy, happy... it is that bad? Feel that may you want to go out with someone? At the same time, he heard a siren and "woke up", "Yes! It is bad!", "You almost killed your friends, Peter." he thought aloud. He put his suit on and left following the siren. After all, now he just needed to be Spider-Man.

︵‿୨♡୧‿︵

If you enjoyed the story let me know in the comments and maybe give me a vote 🙇🏻‍♀️🤓 thankx! 🖤
Check Out to Spiders and Blackouts playlist on Spotify 🕷: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4BcRAbmvOZPM3KIiJaZJ1Z?si=IIlfN_NkRPGOxlYjURehEA