Six

Natasha's POV

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, leaning my head back and looking at my love.

"The point of a surprise is not to tell you." Maria smirks and turns to look at me. I pout as a response, making her laugh and turn back to the road. "All in due time, baby." She reaches over and places her hand on my thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

I go back to looking out the window. The sun is starting to set. My favourite time of day. It seems like we are headed the opposite direction as the city, furthering my confusion. What's does she have planned?

Wanda's POV

"Well cutie, do you think your Mama will say yes?" Pepper asked me as I followed her to Mama's room.

"Yes! Mama and Mommy get married." I nod as we go in. I'm glad Mama said I can sleep in her bed. It smells like her and Mommy.

"That's right. Are you excited?" Pepper opens the door and grabs the jammies Mama set on the bed.

"Yes!" I'm so excited.

Pepper helped me change into my jammies and pull up before we sat in the rocking chair. It's different than when Mama or Mommy gives me milk, but it's okay. Pepper holds me while I drink my bottle and it makes me happy and sleepy like Mama's milk always does. Pepper reads me a story and I'm almost asleep when I finish my milk. I can feel Pepper stand and carry me to bed but I'm too sleepy to open my eyes.

"Good night, Wanda." Pepper kisses my head and then I hear her leave. I can't wait until Mama and Mommy get home.

Natasha's POV

Maria parks in the middle of nowhere.

"Is this the part where you murder me?" I ask as I take her hand. She helps me out of her car with a smirk on her face.

"I would never even try, babe." Maria turns and mumbles, "Your heart may stop though." But I still heard her. I eye her suspiciously as we walk hand in hand down the trail. She's nervous.

We turn a bend and I see it. There is a beautiful picnic set up with twinkle light and a view of the setting sun over the lake. It's absolutely gorgeous.

"Maria... this is beautiful." I whisper as we stop and she turns to me.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you." Maria says quietly as she looks into my eyes. It's so cheesy, but I can literally feel the love she has for me. The way she looks at me gives me goosebumps and makes butterflies erupt in my stomach at the same time.

"I love you." I peck her lips and she whispers it back.

"I love you, too. Come on." Maria smiles and it makes my knees weak. What the hell kind of spell does she have me under.

Maria had all my favourite foods and my favourite red wine. We eat and drank and watched the sunset. It was perfect. I was completely mesmerized by the setting sun over the water when I felt Maria pull away. I turned to look at her, confused.

"I know we aren't very traditional." Maria chuckles and I can't help but join her. "But there are certain things that I want. With you."

Maria took a deep breath and her eyes tear up. "Nat, I feel like I was half a person before I met you. I had work and I was good at my job, but that was all I had. Being with you is like finding your life's purpose. Just the thought of not being with you or seeing you ever again is like trying to breathe with no air. It's like all you have to do is look at me and show me that gorgeous smile and I know everything is going to be okay and I can concur the world." At this point I have tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I love you, so much Nat. Will you marry me, Natalia?" Maria whispered as she got a ring out of the picnic basket. I covered my mouth as I looked at the ring.

"Yes. Yes!" I throw myself at Maria and she catches me in her arms. I kiss her with everything I have before she pulls away and places the ring on my finger. "I love you." I whisper.

"I'm so glad you said yes." Maria is grinning so big I bet her face hurts. "Not only because I love you so much," Maria kissed me, "But also because I asked a certain little girl if I could marry her Mama and she helped me set this up." If at all possible my smile grew.

"She knew? Little bugger." I playfully shook my head. Maria and I stayed cuddled up on the blanket in each other's arms. We talked about the wedding and our future plans. I can't believe I'm getting married to the love of my life. Well, one of them. The love I feel for Wanda is a different type of love, but just as powerful.

I can't wait to see what the future brings.