Keys

Katsuki needed to burn every key, every key-card, every single one of them.

He hated that fear of them. That fear that made him hurt himself everyday trying to block the door with heavy objects. He pulled his muscles and bruised his body, all for the sake of keys.

He was never safe. He was always out in the open. God he wanted to be safe. Safe from everything.

When he was younger, he'd been taken. He'd been kidnapped during summer break where no one would notice. He'd been taken right from his room. His locked room.

He'd only woken up for a few moments before he was drugged back into unconsciousness. He'd been kidnapped from a locked room where the room was left just as it was. A locked room crime.

When he finally got home, covered in oddly shaped burns, he cried whenever he saw a key. He got over the emotional outbursts, but he couldn't stand to be near any keyhole or key.

Katsuki had taken paper and wet it before shoving it into the keyhole until it was unusable.

He kept his dresser unusually close to the door so he could push it there quicker.

He plugged the keyhole for the balcony and tied the handles together, creating a barrier that would take long enough to get in that he'd be awake and aware.

Katsuki was scared. Keys could access everywhere. His classmates didn't understand how deep his 'dislike' for keys went and often played pranks by taping keys to his doorframe. He never took that well, to their amusement.

His kidnapping hadn't been for ransome or human trafficking. No, the kidnapper simply wanted to test out her skills and exercise her sadistic side.

Kids didn't remember faces like adults did. Kids would do a lot less to escape the pain than adults would. Kids would hurt a lot more than adults would, they'd carry the pain with them forever and fear what they were taught to.

He was taught to fear keys. He was taught that keys could do anything. He was taught that keys were bad.

•—•—•

Katsuki woke in a strange, cold place. He was sitting up to a wall, his limbs tied to it, including his neck with chains. A metal collar felt bad against his throat, it was only loose enough for him to breath and swallow.

His mouth was dry and his body ached. Where was he?

The 'room' he was in was narrow and metal. The walls were filled hooks of with keys, so many keys of all shapes and sizes. What were they for?

It was dark, the 'room' being let by a lantern somewhere across the way. Katsuki didn't know where he was. He'd been at home in his room. His locked room. This must be a dream then. It had to be.

Then it hit him. He'd seen someone in his room, now he was here. Wherever here was.

This wasn't right. Had someone taken him? Right from his locked bedroom? How?

Keys covering the walls... Keys... His room had been broken into and he was kidnapped all silently because the kidnapper had a key. But how did they get the key? And where was he?

He was shaking, shivering with both the cold and adrenaline. How would he get home? Would he get home?

There was a creaking noise and Katsuki's gaze slid over to the direction of the sound. One end of the 'room' completely opened. Was he in one of those shipping containers?

A figure stood there.

Katsuki's breath stopped, the lantern was lighting the persons face. The person had this horrific grin.